Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Naeole vs. Safarik Runoff
If I am reading the results right, with six of six precincts reporting in the District 5 Council race, there will be a repeat of the 2006 runoff between Emily Naeole and Gary Safarik. So much for a fresh voice for Puna. Wayne Joseph came in third, followed by Kale Gumapac and Kaniu Stocksdale.

Cheers,
Jerry
discouraging.
Welcome Neeter... [Wink]

I don't think it's discouraging.

I think it's more of a wake-up call to the voters of this district.

No vote...no grumble[Wink]

-------
Just a piece of my thinking
Just think of the small number of voters that determined this runoff.
The presidential election is going to be truly interesting all the way up the ladder.
Many more people will be voting in the General.
hmmm ... I don't think there will be a presidential "race" in Hawaii... that one is already over.

Transplanted Texan
"I am here to chew bubble gum and kick some *** ... and I'm all out of bubble gum"
-----------------------------------------------------------
I do not believe that America is better than everybody else...
America "IS" everybody else.
The Wilder Side Of Hawaii
Presidential race over already?? No way.
In Hawaii... its over...

Polls show 63% of "Hawaiians" (people that live in Hawaii) that can and will vote, will go for Obama.
32% will Vote for McCain.

looks pretty much over to me...

Transplanted Texan
"I am here to chew bubble gum and kick some *** ... and I'm all out of bubble gum"
With Obama in the Generals... I pity the Republicans here in Hawaii [Big Grin]

-------
General Election Unofficial Poll
hmmm a fan of a one party system?

I prefer at least 2 myself. competition is always good.

Transplanted Texan
Ok here it is, we are down to it now Naeole vs Safarik and I think that it will be a race. Auntie Tutu has given it the old collage try but as nice a person that she is she has come up short of the mark. With her on going legal battles within the council and the mounting legal expenses that we tax payers have to shoulder it may be the straw that broke the camels back. Nobody can say that she didn’t try her best and her colorful style and personal magnetism is a fun thing to watch at council meetings.

Getter Done Gary on the other hand has a track record of getting things done for Puna. If I started listing things that he has accomplished it would be like writing a novel. He was a bit arrogant in the past but has tempered himself and is very approachable. His political shills are of the highs quality and he is a master of the trade. We know just what we are getting when we put Gary back in office and it is not a dog and pony show.

The Lack