Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Faye Hanohano vs. Fred Blas
Well it looks like it will be Hanohano vs. Blas for House Seat 4.

Hanohano dominated the race with 1883 votes despite having two others running against her.

Blas only picked up 717 votes despite running uncontested. (221 blank votes, which to me means they would rather vote no one in on the republican side then Blas)

I think both candidates are good representatives.

I work with both Blas and Hanohano on the H-130 Advisory task force.

It will be an interesting race.

-------
Just a piece of my thinking
Do not count the low turnout on the Republican side as negative toward Fred Blas.

At least in my case, I had to vote Democratic, as I wanted to cast a ballot against Ms. Hanohano. I know of other similar cases.

I believe there will be a much closer margin between the two in the general election.
x2

Transplanted Texan
"I am here to chew bubble gum and kick some *** ... and I'm all out of bubble gum"
-----------------------------------------------------------
I do not believe that America is better than everybody else...
America "IS" everybody else.
The Wilder Side Of Hawaii
I never even thought about this... which makes Hanohano's victory that much more impressive.

She wasn't only battling Marzi and Sparks... but she was also battling the Blas people that tried to TOSS the race.

-------
why do you say "tried to toss"?

that is implying more then you can know.

Had I wanted Fred to go up against the weakest candidate, I would have voted for Hanohano. Did you ever think that maybe people want to vote so that the we can chose between the best and brightest?

Transplanted Texan
"I am here to chew bubble gum and kick some *** ... and I'm all out of bubble gum"
Also, I think those blank volts are Rep votes that left Fred's line Blank...

Transplanted Texan
As I have stated elsewhere on Punaweb, I am usually a reliable Democratic voter. Not this time, though. Ms. Hanohano kind of did herself in with me by her freely admitted lack of passion at the Kalani forum. I almost couldn't believe what I was hearing. The Republican in this case is our best hope for progressive change. He will at least make some noise, and probably weed the flower beds, pick up litter, and trim the hedges around the State Capitol in his spare time.

Cheers,
Jerry
I know that many people have done exactly what is implied here [republicans voting for Hanohano] The weaker of the three other candidates, the last thing that Fred supporters wanted was to see Marzi in a runoff. I sincerely hope that Marzi dose not get discouraged and leave the arena, he is truly a winner and has a brilliant future ahead of him.

Fred has a lot longer road ahead of him then his die hard followers know. He will undoubtably work his butt off every minute that he is in Honolulu and try to accomplish what Hanohano has not. I hope that his skills are up to the challenge of office. After all look at auntie Tutu’s clerical skills and the public voted her in and may do it again.

Hanohano is a Democrat and that alone can put her over the top here in Hawaii. With union backing and Democrat monies behind the incumbent it is also another bonus in her favor. I believe that Fred’s only hope is that the general public will realize that Hanohano has done nothing for Puna and will not in the future. She will only vote the party line, that is however the Democratic house decides to goes in Honolulu so goes Hanohano. Hey, that’s a good name for her [Hanohanohonolulu] nice tongue twister

How about giving Puna a break this time around and vote for Fred Blas.

The Lack
quote:
Originally posted by Damon

I never even thought about this... which makes Hanohano's victory that much more impressive.

She wasn't only battling Marzi and Sparks... but she was also battling the Blas people that tried to TOSS the race.

-------

Here is where your math is wrong. I to crossed over and I voted for Faye. Therefore, at the time of the general election one less vote for Faye and one more for Fred.

"Many dreams come true and some have silver linings, I look for my dreams and a pocket full of gold" Led Zeppelin
If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it cost when it’s free...now here come the taxes.....
KahunaScott, you and your candidate make me SICK. How completely irresponsible and dishonest of you to try to swing the election! You all voted for Hanohano even though you support Blas, simply because you know he would not stand a chance against Marzi. Tony Marzi was the only hope for Puna; he runs circles around Blas, espesially in terms of intelligence, articulation, and integrity. Well, I'll be telling EVERYONE I know about Blas's dirty tactics...to think that this is the man whose platform is based on HONESTY.