Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roosters!!!
Does anyone have a problem with roosters? We have a new neighbor next door to us who moved in with 80 or more roosters. They are all stuffed 3 or more to small cages. They go off day and night We are on AG land ...it used to be a nice quiet neighborhood. I guess we could deal with it if was only 4:oo in the morning but it is only quiet between about 2 hours in the late afternoon.
We have spagetti lots and there is no getting away from them.

Any ideas other then rooster stew!!!
Contact Tom Lackey.[Smile]
I totally empathize with you. We have a rental property and our next door neighbor brought home one day 8 of them and lined them up in cages too. It has hellish! The problem was not just the 8 they brought home, once they would begin crowing the other roaster around the neighborhood would start and they went on for hours. Coming from the country I never thought I'd hate roosters as much as I did then..I spoke to various neighbors about how to address it and I was told there was nothing I could do but possibly bring bad blood between my neighbor and I..One lucky day they got rid of them. I hope your Lucky day will come soon.
pelletized rat poison and a slingshot might work

Royall

What goes around comes around!

If the property is AG zoned, I don't think there is much you can do except find out if there's a restriction on the number of roosters allowed. AG land is AG land. Even if a property owner is using their land as residential only, that does not change the permitted use of the other AG land next door.
City Slickers who move to the country crack me up !!

Next I'm starting up the dirt bikes, and we are gonna race around and around. Then I'm gonna work on the tractor I use for Pullin'. It's got 2 750 hp motors and we gotta rev em to 8000 to tune 'em proper. Then we gonna mow, plow, weed whack, and run the BIG generator for the mill. Then we gonna clean the hog's pen, but that don't make much noise at all. Bwahahahahahaha.

Back to the City you little prissy girl.

Have you questioned any of your beliefs, or changed your mind about anything lately?
Liberalism thrives on the double standard.
I sympathize with you lavalinda, I drove around checked out the potential houses in the morning, afternoon and evening. I passed on the homes near roosters. A few weeks ago a neighbor built a coop and added roosters to his home... He plans on selling them at $300 a pop or at a special 15/$3000. That is, unless cockfighting becomes a felony, then he won't raise them. His words not mine. Other than that he's a nice enough guy. Oh, well at least I get up between 5:00 and 5:30 for work 5 days a week and don't have to deal with the racket too often. For what it's worth, I did email the Puna legislative representative asking her to do what she can.

Cheers,

Sean
See you in the surf

"Any ideas other then rooster stew!!!"

Maybe play music you like in the house and use an iPod or earplugs while outside?

Perhaps after awhile it will not be so noticable. I once lived near the end of the main runway of an international airport and was surprised that after awhile I rarely noticed the jets coming and going.

Seems like opting for a house in an Agricultural-zoned area might not be the best choice if one has difficulties with critter noises. I am not sympathetic to cockfighting but it could as easily be a barnyard of chickens for food and meat, or Guinea fowl for slug & bug control and as living intruder alarms, or peacocks just because they are nice to look at (and actually taste quite good, too). Or goats bleating. Mules braying. And so on.

Might be swimming against the river to seek silence in an agricultural area.

)'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'(

A pleasant slideshow: http://www.thejoymovie.com

)'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'(

)'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'(

Astonishing skill! This archer is a real-life Legolas and then some!
http://geekologie.com/2013/11/real-life-...rs-anc.php

)'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'(
quote:
Originally posted by Timkona

City Slickers who move to the country crack me up !!

Next I'm starting up the dirt bikes, and we are gonna race around and around. Then I'm gonna work on the tractor I use for Pullin'. It's got 2 750 hp motors and we gotta rev em to 8000 to tune 'em proper. Then we gonna mow, plow, weed whack, and run the BIG generator for the mill. Then we gonna clean the hog's pen, but that don't make much noise at all. Bwahahahahahaha.

Back to the City you little prissy girl.

Have you questioned any of your beliefs, or changed your mind about anything lately?

I see your still the asshole neighbor that your so proud to be!

I think you forgot to remind people that you like to start your yard work at 4:45 in the morning.

You also forgot to remind people here that you would eat off your lawn before the dishes your wife washed... don't worry... I won't tell her I said that.

Yes... Timkona's yard is that nice [:0]

The only time I'd ever want to be his neighbor though... would be on a Sunday when his Raiders are losing!

Folks here on PW need to remember that Tim's a big bad ass... and he don't put up with nothing.

He's definitely not here to make a friend... although I can proudly say that he is an asshole... that is my friend. [Wink]

Just don't get him started... cause you think Lack likes to make people think about things... Timkona is a hard hitter!

Cockadoodle doo... TK [:X]

(honestly folks... he grows on people... you either like him or you don't... took me about a year to even listen to some of the crap he schpeels at times... He's always good for a good laugh though and certainly knows his stuff... well at least a little bit)

Damon Tucker's Weblog
[quote]Originally posted by Johnnycake

.One lucky day they got rid of them. I hope your Lucky day will come soon.
/quote]

May be her LACKY day will come even sooner.[Wink]

Tom,where are you?