Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
COVID-19 confirmed in Hawaii: 607+ cases 16 deaths
Always remember that Harry Kim thought it was a good idea to keep having senior citizen get-togethers early in the pandemic.
"Tourists keep coming, though, because of the "quarantine loopholes" that nobody can seem to deal with."

I know several people who have returned from the mainland, and properly quarantined, however none of them were ever contacted or had any follow-up after they got here. As far as I can tell it's an "honor system" quarantine.
There's also another angle to the looseness of the so-called quarantine. We had a neighbor sell their house sight unseen to a guy on the mainland who had been born and raised here, but spent the last 20+ years in the military. Upon moving in, he promptly had two large parties and one smaller one within the quarantine period. As far as we know, he didn't go anywhere, but he had dozens of people coming and going. In the unlikely event he got a call from the authorities, he could say, "No, I haven't been anywhere."
I was just going to say if I had to fly to the mainland for medical reasons and returned to my home and self quarantined.... does that mean everyone else that lives in my home that didn't fly with me have to self quarantine for 2 weeks also?
Yes, whole house must quarantine.
And in today’s news:

DOH is reporting another day of triple digit coronavirus diagnosis. 144 cases today, with 139 on Oahu and 5 on Hawai‘i Island. The headlines demonstrate that this is not the time for anyone in Hawai‘i to be letting their guard down: These are some examples of clusters that are under investigation: 
  • 71 cases linked to a series of funeral events 

• 6 cases linked to a hot yoga class 

• 12 cases associated with a birthday party 

• Multiple household & other clusters associated with social interactions 
https://www.khon2.com/coronavirus/doh-re...-19-cases/
https://www.kitv.com/story/42449123/some...he-weekend

The Department of Health traced at least one new COVID-19 case to a drum circle at Little Beach in Makena State Park, where hundreds of people were spotted disregarding physical distancing guidelines over the weekend.

Members of the group Hawaii Quarantine Kapu Breakers alerted police ahead of time and captured video of scene.

Angela Keen, the group's administrator, says Maui Police Department officers told them it was out of their jurisdiction.

Group members then turned to the Department of Land and Natural Resources, however Keen says they showed up too late.

She wishes there was better communication and enforcement.
She wishes there was better communication and enforcement.

Communication and enforcement isn’t part of their job description either.
My daughter works at Queens and Covid patients jumped from 75 to 138 overnight meaning "The Covid Floor" is now full, and so new patients are being put onto her floor. She tried to get moved to a different floor due to giving birth 8 weeks ago but the request was denied ("How is that different than any other working mother?"). We hope the PPE situation has improved since she went on maternity leave.
Members of the group Hawaii Quarantine Kapu Breakers alerted police ahead of time and captured video of scene.
-------------
Wow.  Now we are resorting to groups of private, secret police...