Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Covid count
(07-30-2021, 12:46 AM)AaronM Wrote: Riddle me this Ladies and Gents..

Unfortunately false equivalencies can be dangerous. I'd say lay off the stuff and give it a few days, and hope for the best. And, maybe, consider a change in diet. I know it's hard, but questionable sources can be hard on one's constitution.
You are correct Bird, about 1% of vaccinated people are dying from covid. About the same percentage of people who die in car accidents annually. Will you please come to your senses and stop driving your car?
"As to Obie's concerns, I sure am glad he's vaccinated. But going on, as if he's a spokesperson for the alt-right about freedoms and whatnot, is just so much noise. Dude, its a frickin' pandemic."

Dude, It's a pandemic. Do you understand that a pandemic is a worldwide event
Get your butt on a boat to Africa and preach to people there.

I flew back to Hawaii last year in October. My wife picked me up in Kona and we both wore masks and I slept in the garage for 2 weeks !

My flight to Hawaii this year will be 15 hours in airplanes or airports with a mask on. Everyone on that airplane will either be vaccinated or tested.

DUDE !
(07-30-2021, 01:17 AM)MyManao Wrote:
(07-30-2021, 12:46 AM)AaronM Wrote: Riddle me this Ladies and Gents..

Unfortunately false equivalencies can be dangerous. I'd say lay off the stuff and give it a few days, and hope for the best. And, maybe, consider a change in diet. I know it's hard, but questionable sources can be hard on one's constitution.

If that is your attempt at a response, mark me down as disappointed.
(07-30-2021, 01:18 AM)AaronM Wrote: You are correct Bird, about 1% of vaccinated people are dying from covid... 
A joke?  That's not even close to being the same thing as the real story, which is:   "With Covid deaths, approximately 1% had been vaccinated". 

With regard to your riddle, the less people getting the virus means less variants develop.  Vaccines greatly reduce the number of people getting infected.  It's really quite simple.
Yet another lame attempt to dodge the question.
(07-30-2021, 01:18 AM)AaronM Wrote: You are correct Bird, about 1% of vaccinated people are dying from covid.  About the same percentage of people who die in car accidents annually.  Will you please come to your senses and stop driving your car?

Wrong on the percentage and the scope. It's only 0.004% *of people who report severe Covid* are vaccinated. So 99.996% of severe cases are among the unvaccinated now. Your odds of being vaccinated and then getting severe Covid are less than those of being struck by lightning.

I do agree with your post about border security. We should require everyone entering the US to be vaccinated at this point.
(07-29-2021, 11:32 PM)sistersue Wrote:   Now I've discovered that the J&J vaccine, which is the one I had, doesn't work for the delta variant!
UMMMMMMM.... Really folks, having a lowered efficacy DOES NOT MEAN IT DOESNʻT WORK!!!!|

ALL of the vaccines still have a higher efficacy than the initial ʻWarp Speedʻ target of 50% efficacy!!!!

Here is a limited, yet fairly extensive for the data out, breakdown of research on the efficacy of the 3 US Vaccines against the Delta variant & some REALLY good info on reasons why these results are limited. I am gonna add my personal thoughts here: "IF you cannot do the work to check the veracity of your "facts", do not spread them!" You are merely showing everyone that actually knows how to do these little fact-checking searches how un-educated you are when you do! 

PS: if your searches do not yield the type of data I have given - on your first page.... that shows the AI community the type of "data" you live with! To reset your computer AI, try doing most of your searches in scholarly browsers for a year or so....

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/h...ta-variant
the AI community the type of "data" you live with! 

An example of how bad AI, Google Search, Facebook, etc. can distract you from seeing what is right in front of your eyes:

Mos Eisley Spaceport:
Sandtrooper: Let me see your identification.

Ben Kenobi(waving his hand slowly) You don't need to see his identification.

Sandtrooper[pauses] We don't need to see his identification.

Ben Kenobi: These aren't the droids you're looking for.

Sandtrooper: These aren't the droids we're looking for.

Ben Kenobi: He can go about his business.

Sandtrooper: You can go about your business.

Ben Kenobi: Move along.
Sandtrooper[gesturing] Move along! Move along!

Read back through this thread.  There’s plenty of accurate, truthful information.  Yet some will ignore it, and look the other way. 
And should you meet Han ‘COVID-19’ Solo in the cantina, no matter what you’ve heard, no matter what you believe he’s capable of doing, he can and will draw first.  Don’t underestimate him.
(07-30-2021, 03:41 PM)randomq Wrote:
(07-30-2021, 01:18 AM)AaronM Wrote: You are correct Bird, about 1% of vaccinated people are dying from covid.  About the same percentage of people who die in car accidents annually.  Will you please come to your senses and stop driving your car?

Wrong on the percentage and the scope. It's only 0.004% *of people who report severe Covid* are vaccinated. So 99.996% of severe cases are among the unvaccinated now. Your odds of being vaccinated and then getting severe Covid are less than those of being struck by lightning.

I do agree with your post about border security. We should require everyone entering the US to be vaccinated at this point.
This is not true, ADE is starting to show its ugly face. Too long of story to undo a year of propaganda, but here is the crux.

https://twitter.com/RWMaloneMD/status/14...5833863172

And being that the PCR tests are faulty. the entire death toll we see is wrong.