Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Former POTUS wears no mask while seemingly standing in Hawaii restaurant
(01-31-2022, 10:31 PM)Rob Tucker Wrote: And maybe they have been following the rules.  I would be very surprised if Obama's family attending the dinner was not fully vaccinated and tested.

I would be surprised as well but that in and of itself would not absolve them of masking rules would it?
Keep it local  Heart
In a private setting, small family group having dinner.... I'd say yes.
(01-31-2022, 11:42 PM)Rob Tucker Wrote: In a private setting, small family group having dinner....  I'd say yes.

I would too.  However, that is a public setting and we can reasonably assume that they are being served by staff who they are putting at risk, and who may or may not be in the photo.  If it is all family then it is a group of 10 or more.   Personally,  I'd be very happy if the rules agree with you and it's now all just up to our own personal determination as to what's best.  I'm thinking that's not the case yet though.  That is why I asked if the rules had changed.  It is hard to keep up.
Keep it local  Heart
What ever...
 I asked if the rules had changed.  It is hard to keep up.

Effective January 10, 2022 for Oahu, where the Obamas had dinner:

• Informal social gatherings have no capacity limits.

• Proof of vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test is still required for businesses, events or operations that serve food or drink for consumption on the premises — under [color=var(--linkColor)]Safe Access Oʻahu[/color].

https://www.hawaiipublicradio.org/local-...nuary-2022
(02-01-2022, 12:11 AM)HereOnThePrimalEdge Wrote:  I asked if the rules had changed.  It is hard to keep up.

Effective January 10, 2022 for Oahu, where the Obamas had dinner:

• Informal social gatherings have no capacity limits.

• Proof of vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test is still required for businesses, events or operations that serve food or drink for consumption on the premises — under [color=var(--linkColor)]Safe Access Oʻahu[/color].

https://www.hawaiipublicradio.org/local-...nuary-2022

Looks like some malfunction truncated your posting of the rules HOTPE.  Here is the full paragraph you were trying to post:  The Safe Access O‘ahu program still only applies to operations and events that serve food and drinks or that have indoor exercise activities. All events, whether indoors or outdoors, must continue to include facial coverings/masks. In addition, no capacity limitations will be placed on businesses or events by the City and County of Honolulu.

The Safe Access O‘ahu program still only applies to operations and events that serve food and drinks or that have indoor exercise activities. All events, whether indoors or outdoors, must continue to include facial coverings/masks. In addition, no capacity limitations will be placed on businesses or events by the City and County of Honolulu.
Keep it local  Heart
(01-31-2022, 10:31 PM)Rob Tucker Wrote: And maybe they have been following the rules.  I would be very surprised if Obama's family attending the dinner was not fully vaccinated and tested.
Perhaps, But all of these public officials, from local on up to state, and many outside "leaders" have all been caught in gross violation of not only numbers gathering but distancing and masking long before we had Trumps Vaccine.

It brings back to the essential part of my statement that if it was as dangerous as they said it was, then they would be scared to death like it seems many people in general society are. They are not scared, only scared of getting caught on camera without.
Like I say, perhaps its not as dangerous as everyone is being lead to believe.
Their actions speak volumes.
Whatever...
They are not scared, only scared of getting caught on camera without. 

Yes.
So fearful of getting caught breaking the rules, they themselves had a photo taken with their knowledge and permission, and released it to the news media for publication.

Frightening.
It is a Wine Bar.  Perhaps their judgment was impaired.
Keep it local  Heart