Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Green says masks will be last to go
When the "trope" turns out to be quite accurate.

Anyone smart enough to understand the paper is also smart enough to request the J&J vaccine instead.

Let's ask anyway: why did the US rush ahead with mRNA technology if it's really such a high risk? Are we all going to live in eternal fear of what might happen? We collectively ignore many other risks that are worse.

Perhaps Governor Ige should have decreed that no vaccination would be allowed in Hawaii, because who knows what might happen in the future. This is the same reasoning that's keeping the mask mandate in place, so it must be good, right? Maybe we can mandate diet and exercise to reduce the incidence of heart disease and cancer which killed over 5000 Hawaii residents in 2017. Because safety.

Source: https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/pressroom/state...hawaii.htm
(03-02-2022, 11:53 PM)HawaiiEV Wrote:   "I would argue the actual science hasn’t changed besides the virus evolving to be more contagious and less harmful. We are just figuring it out, people were right to be cautious early on.

Lucky for us we have a control, Sweden, they didn’t lock down, didn’t wear masks, didn’t close schools, didn’t strangle the economy. The results besides the obvious well being of the general population and economy is that they have better case statistics then a majority of their European peers, certainly not worse for not participating in the lockdown theater.

If you think clothe masks, one way shopping isles and plexiglass dividers did anything to stop covid I’ve got a lava zone 9 lot in Puna to sell you ."

HawaiiEV:

I had friends from Sweden visiting here over the holidays.  I think your citation of Sweden as a socially free control group, as you seem to describe it, is not accurate.  It should be noted that Swedes generally operate with a much higher level of trust in their government and as such follow health guide lines at a high level.  To a large degree that reduces the inherent need for a "mandate" such as it may be.   But Sweden did practice a number of Covid restrictions and made trade offs with limited success.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swedish_go...9_pandemic

Just FYI
Sweden as a socially free control group ... is not accurate

I am shocked -- shocked, I tell you! -- to learn that USian media gave inaccurate coverage of the Swedish Solution.
They didn't close schools. They never mandated masks and many didn't wear them. The only thing I know they did was temporarily close universities, and during the delta wave they did put some limits on restaurants and bars. The restaurant and bar limits were only in one province though if I'm remembering right. I also think they did set some kind of limits on large gatherings but I can't really remember.

Other than that I don't remember anything and I've watched multiple interviews with Tegnell.
I read on the internet that toothpaste is bad for your teeth.
(03-02-2022, 11:03 PM)HawaiiEV Wrote: I’ll continue to wear a mask when my work dictates it, just like hearing protection, maybe, or most Likely not… ?

No one will be wearing masks in a few weeks, the science has changed, political science.

This really reminds me of Lucy yanking the football away from Charlie Brown.  Some of the recent comments here reveal a desperation that many of us knew was coming.
Keep it local  Heart
yes, sheep love the herd. Oh mem Gee.. Real world about to be upon us all over again ..Your welcome to keep your muzzle on folks .
The desperation is among the anti-maskers, who at first prolonged the pandemic, and now have no one to argue with and give them attention anymore. Who knows where these whining Karens will turn their addled attention next...
(03-03-2022, 03:35 AM)kalakoa Wrote: When the "trope" turns out to be quite accurate.

Anyone smart enough to understand the paper is also smart enough to request the J&J vaccine instead.

Let's ask anyway: why did the US rush ahead with mRNA technology if it's really such a high risk? Are we all going to live in eternal fear of what might happen? We collectively ignore many other risks that are worse.

Perhaps Governor Ige should have decreed that no vaccination would be allowed in Hawaii, because who knows what might happen in the future. `````
Your just pissed off that you were lied to about its safety and efficacy. Your subject of anger is at the wrong people. Like I said months ago, whats done cannot be undone and nobody is going to get compensated for the wrongdoing done to them. 
Even insurance companies are refusing to cover people now because they took part of the experiment. I feel sorry for them all, It is the reasoning for trying to prevent more people from becoming permanently damaged.
Especially the children from these psychopaths. As adults, we should protect the children at all costs.
(03-03-2022, 12:52 PM)randomq Wrote: Who knows where these whining Karens will turn their addled attention next...

It looks like Russian sympathy is next on their dance card, but who really knows? It's gotten so complicated since the good ol' days of 'lock her up.'