Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Work Boots
Anywhere locally that sells Red Wing, Wolverine, Timberland or comparable?  Looked around online and can't find any dealers around East Hawaii.

I know I can order online but I'm old school and like to try on shoes.

Thanks.
I asked similar question in 2014: https://punaweb.org/forum/showthread.php?tid=13878

The only place I can recommend right now is Tractor Supply. It was actually a dead end for me, though I can't remember the exact reason right now but it was the only place I've found local that sells real work boots. You might want to try on and find something you like and then find a cheaper source online, if possible.

Good luck, and I hope you report back with your findings.
Sports Line
417 Kalanikoa St, Hilo, HI 96720

Nice guys
Last time I needed new boots I ordered several pairs in different sizes from Amazon. Found the pair I liked and returned the rest. Their return policy is only bested by Costco's.
Tractor Supply has work boots.
Sports Line can custom order, and are indeed very friendly. They have a decent variety in their little store as well.
Much as I hate Amazon, they do have a 7 day "Try Before You Buy" option. I did that for my most recent work boot purchase, since I have small but wide feet and so have a hard time with fitting.

Luck to you!
(04-02-2022, 02:20 AM)terracore Wrote: I asked similar question in 2014: https://punaweb.org/forum/showthread.php?tid=13878

The only place I can recommend right now is Tractor Supply.  It was actually a dead end for me, though I can't remember the exact reason right now but it was the only place I've found local that sells real work boots.  You might want to try on and find something you like and then find a cheaper source online, if possible.

Good luck, and I hope you report back with your findings.

Thanks terracore.  Yea, I searched the board and saw that thread but ultimately couldn't find an answer like you said.  Thanks for the response.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I had Tractor Supply and Sports Line on my list but that was about it. I'll check em out and see what I find.

Thank you.
Currently on my feet are a pair of Carhartt work boots. They exceeded my expectations for comfort, longevity, and waterproofing. I would buy them again except the soles provide no traction and I'm not fond of slipping. I would try another of their brand if they had different soles.

I've seen the Dewalt brand of boots on sale at the Home Depot web site, sometimes at a really good sale. Has anybody ever worn this brand?

The last pair of Redwings I owned took 6 weeks to break my feet in and they only lasted about 2 years of non-daily use. Not like the boots I remember from many years ago.
Our uniform supplier at the airline I worked for was Cintas.
They had weird sizing on some things but I can still buy shoes that fit based on previous purchases.

https://shop.cintas.com/store/site/Apparel/c/Footwear