Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the new Dominos in Pahoa is open
(11-18-2022, 07:51 AM)kalianna Wrote: Gee, thanks.  That's so helpful.  Do they deliver to Pahoa?

I don't know what you are complaining about. You can get the pizza place to freeze their pizza and hire a courier to deliver it to you a couple of days later. It might cost a couple of thousand dollars, but the option is available to you, so why are you whinging?

These days youngsters just don't know what's good for them and they moan on social media about how bad things are. I had to walk 20 miles each way to pick up my family's pizza order when it was invented back in the 70s and you never saw me complain about it.
You had pizza? We had to eat a greasy paper bag, and we were thankful for it.
We had to eat a greasy paper bag

How good you had it - - a childhood of utter luxury!
We had to eat week old newspapers used to wrap rich people’s fish & chips! We were happy if there were grease drippings on it!
"Gee, thanks. That's so helpful. Do they deliver to Pahoa?"

Sorry, They don't deliver here but they do delivery to Mainland States with overnight delivery.
They have been making pepperoni pizza's since 1945 and that's all they make.

If pepperoni and provolone cause all of the diseases mentioned, I would imagine they are responsible for thousands of deaths but they are still in business.
I walked a couple miles with a pizza back then, carrying it under my arm like a book.   No wonder some say that teenage boys are the dumbest creatures on the planet.  Of course it was a complete mess when I arrived at my destination. Thankfully no one was available to complain because it was exclusively for me  Tongue
I have seen this absent minded move in person and as much as it may not be pretty anymore it's still delicious!
(10-18-2022, 05:44 PM)terracore Wrote: I tried Boogie Woogie twice.  What can I say I'd rather eat a frozen pizza.  I guess it's possible I got them on bad days, years apart.

NY was good but their inconsistent hours made it difficult to give them money.
Sad about Boogie Woogie!  They used to make one of the best pizzas.  And we loved the Greek salad.  

it seems like the recent disasters, starting with Hurricane Iselle, have destroyed the local economy.

(the taco truck is still great, however, as is Pahoa fresh fish.)

Ccat
(11-18-2022, 09:40 AM)TomK Wrote:
(11-18-2022, 07:51 AM)kalianna Wrote: Gee, thanks.  That's so helpful.  Do they deliver to Pahoa?

I don't know what you are complaining about. You can get the pizza place to freeze their pizza and hire a courier to deliver it to you a couple of days later. It might cost a couple of thousand dollars, but the option is available to you, so why are you whinging?

These days youngsters just don't know what's good for them and they moan on social media about how bad things are. I had to walk 20 miles each way to pick up my family's pizza order when it was invented back in the 70s and you never saw me complain about it.
Doesn't cost much at all. Four deep dish pizzas from Pizzeria Uno for $100.

https://www.harryanddavid.com/h/gourmet-...Term=pizza
I made fresh pizza at home last night.  Bought 00 pizza flour from Target, kneaded the dough in a bread machine, topped with fresh tomatoes, basil, oregano from the garden.  Marchego, Brie, Parmesan cheeses.  It was easy.
Brah, you're killing yourself with those ingredients. Mass produced flour, vegetables from soil likely contaminated heavy metals and arsenic. High calorie artery clogging cheeses...

If you don't grind the wheat, hydroponically grow the vegetables, and milk the soy cow yourself you don't know what you might be getting!