Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Old Lahaina Town Utterly Destroyed - Recovery & Relief Efforts
The land could be used for grazing cattle. But they stink !

I'm pretty sure a good number of farms were put out of business just like a dairy farm on the Big Island.

WE should be praying or whatever you all do.

When the last sugar mill closed on Maui our legislators had the idea the state could legalize hemp and keep the fields producing something. As expected they came up with an overly restrictive bureaucratic system that guaranteed hemp would never be profitable, and the nail in the coffin came when the MAGA people legalized hemp at the federal level so the only distinction to Hawaiian hemp is that it would be the most expensive in the marketplace.

"paved parking lots"

Well, there has been a housing shortage on Maui. A couple of big subdivisions would cover up a lot of guinea grass. Maybe DHHL could develop them and get a two-fer (housing for DHHL folks while keeping The Transplants out).
"Well, there has been a housing shortage on Maui. A couple of big subdivisions would cover up a lot of guinea grass. Maybe DHHL could develop them and get a two-fer (housing for DHHL folks while keeping The Transplants out)."

That is a superb excellent idea! 

However, do you think that at the rate DHHL has shown that it operates under they could have one or two houses up by the Golden Jubilee 50th Anniversary of these devastating fires?

EDITED For those incapable of understanding the English language, ignore definitions of words, think calling women “Bimbo” because they disagree with them is OK as well as thinking steroid infused, blood doping, testicular challenged males peddling bicycles up and down steep hills is something important.
“We are the first generation to feel the impact of climate change and the last generation that can do something about it.”

— Barack Obama
80 confirmed precious lives lost

“We are the first generation to feel the impact of climate change and the last generation that can do something about it.”

— Barack Obama
There will be no "Golden Jubilee" for the Maui fires.
(08-12-2023, 11:40 AM)AaronM Wrote: There will be no "Golden Jubilee" for the Maui fires.
50 years from now, there will be.

— Barack Obama
"Well, there has been a housing shortage on Maui. A couple of big subdivisions would cover up a lot of guinea grass."

Does this fix the situation?  So the grassy area outside the city is razed and houses (flammable) go up.  What about the grassy area outside that new subdivision just created?  Just keep going with the houses and there's no brush left? 

Maybe a hundred yards of neatly mowed golf-course-like grass around the area like a buffer zone?  Of course that would need to be maintained.   Cost of living in paradise?
Golden Jubilees are to recognize 50 years of something that you wish to CELEBRATE!  

That's why it's most commonly used to recognize a long standing monarchy.

NOTHING ABOUT A MASSIVE TRAGEDY THAT HAS KILLED DOZENS AND DOZENS OF PEOPLE WILL BE WORTH CELEBRATING 50 YEARS FROM NOW.

The word you might be looking for is commemoration or rememberance.  If you don't trust my 9th grade education, then buy a fucking dictionary.
https://www.collinsdictionary.com/us/dic...%20jubilee.

Please, I beg of you, don’t destroy this thread with your ignorance, stupidity and foul language.

— Barack Obama
Nothing "special" about a fucking tragedy.

Try again Bimbo.

Better still - show me any Golden Jubilee in history that is used for a mass death event. Show me any Golden Jubilee of a natural disaster. Show me one Golden Jubilee that is used for anything remotely sad.

You can't, because you're wrong. You can't admit you're wrong and that's pathetic. I'm wrong all the time and willing to learn at every opportunity.

I have learned that discourse with you is a waste of my time and energy. Welcome to my ignore list. Y vaya con dios pendeja!