Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Hawaii Decarbonization Settlement 2045
Sign me up for one, maybe even two of those air cars. 

But, as the esteemed CEO of Exxon Mobil says, climate change is the public’s fault. 

https://thehill.com/policy/energy-enviro...test=mlite

Now here is another promising idea. A thin film applied to the windows of office buildings. Turns them into solar panels with no visible obstruction. 

https://cleantechnica.com/2024/07/08/ano...fuels/amp/
I’m esteemed CEO of Exxon Mobil says, climate change is the public’s fault

In the 1970’s I attended an alternative anything and everything fair.  Solar panels were on display.  For the next 10 or 20 years solar panels were always said to be a few years away from prime time.  Whenever a small private company neared electrical production costs that were competitive with grid rates, a large oil company bought them out and either raised prices or buried the technology.

But sure, it was consumers who caused the climate problem.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
(07-08-2024, 07:15 PM)MyManao Wrote: HiloJulie - When something is termed sacred, reasonable becomes impossible.

TomK - Why bother with science if the supernatural is involved?

I rest my case.

What case? Let me repost my question which you didn't answer:

"I'm just curious: What did this mythical goddess say? You make an odd connection between actual science and Pele. When something happens, it's up to Pele. Why bother with science if the supernatural is involved?"
This belongs on the bickering thread.
Certainty will be the death of us.
Unfortunately, the whole forum has become that.
I don’t think a poster asking another poster to answer a question that has been asked but not answered is justification to state that it be moved to the bicker thread. 

Now, if the answer to the poster’s question results in the denigration of the asking poster’s nationality, occupation or gender, then yes, by all means, take it to the bicker thread. 

I’d also say that if PunaWeb has devolved into anything, it would be that more and more posters are trying to be the moderators of PunaWeb, with little if any contribution to any topic being discussed.
Pele said of course
Please partake of my sweet brine
Some people drink whine
(07-10-2024, 08:53 PM)MyManao Wrote: Pele said of course
Please partake of my sweet brine
Some people drink whine

Brilliant haiku MM!

It seems like it is referencing the concern some folks have (justified or not) about geothermal operations fouling the water lens.  Forgive me for how ignorant that must sound but I am always shocked at how few people who live here are even aware of the water lens.

EDIT:
After rereading, it seems more like you are saying that Pele is cool with us grabbing some power from geothermal but folks still whine about it.

Regardless, thanks for sharing the haiku.
"It seems like it is referencing the concern some folks have (justified or not) about geothermal operations fouling the water lens.  

That is an extremely valid point. 

And as for this pro geothermal supporter, would expect is engineered correctly from happening. And managed properly from happening. And regulated in no uncertain or questionable way from ever happening.

That does not mean that it may not ever happen. We did have Three Mile Island for example. Which ironically, is now being looked at being restarted.

https://www.fastcompany.com/91154148/ai-...ed-back-on

I am confident, if "DONE RIGHT" geothermal could be the best thing for the Big Island, the State of Hawaii and most importantly, its people.
(07-10-2024, 11:16 AM)kalianna Wrote: This belongs on the bickering thread.

Why? I asked a genuine question, which didn't get answered, so I asked again. How is that bickering?