Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
HE (no L no CO) would like your cooperation
elepaio pid=' dateline=\'1713176206' Wrote:Father in law on Ox, he not know about tech.  Pagsure keep your a AC pumping  hun.

If he is on an electric powered oxygen generator one call to HELCO - and they will put him on a contact list as well as assist to secure an emergency backup system. I would assume he would at least have a telephone? - land line? old rotary dial ma bell phone? 

Not knowing about tech, or anything else for that matter, is not an excuse to use the available resources that exist. I am also sure his doctor would assist as well. But then again, there are those who fall under the "how can I help you, when you refuse to help yourself" mentality.

And yes, sweety pie, I keep my AC pumping! And my plug-in hybrid plugged in! But of course, our entire property is on solar, so yeh, sugar pie, its FREE!!!!

Furthermore, what kind of son and/or daughter in law are you?

If you can turn on a computer and make one post on Puna Web, you have the knowledge to contact HELCO.
“A functioning, robust democracy requires a healthy, educated, participatory followership, and an educated, morally grounded leadership.” - Chinua Achebe
This is a Civil Defense message for Monday 04-15-2024 at 06:17 AM.

Hawaiian Electric may initiate brief rolling outages on Hawai‘i Island this morning due to a generation shortfall.
The emergency outages impact various areas around the island. Timing will depend on customer usage and available generation. Customers are asked to conserve electricity for the rest of the day and especially from 5 to 9 p.m.

For more information, visit hawaiianelectric.com or follow Hawaiian Electric’s X account @HIElectricLight.
This message will be updated and you will be informed of any conditions that may affect your safety.
Thank you for listening.

This is your Hawai‘i County Civil Defense Agency.
Note that there's no more HELCO, it's all just HECO now. Of course Kauai has their own independent power company, maybe a cooperative, not owned by HECO.
Keep rollin', rollin', rollin'
Though the diesel tanks are swollen
Keep them blackouts rollin', HELCO!
Through solar and wind and hydro
Green power like a psycho
My gas generator by my side
Convenience I ain't missin'
Give me carbon and some fission
High octane fossil fuels for my ride

Keep those diesel barges movin'
Though the greenies disapprovin'
Keep them pipelines movin', HELCO!
Don't try to understand 'em
Carbon credits that they hand 'em
Soon we'll be living third world!
No net meter calculatin'
My electric bill's not waitin'
High octane fossil fuels for my ride...
That’s a Certified Diamond hit you got there Terracore!
“A functioning, robust democracy requires a healthy, educated, participatory followership, and an educated, morally grounded leadership.” - Chinua Achebe
(04-15-2024, 06:51 PM)MediaBaron Wrote: Note that there's no more HELCO, it's all just HECO now. Of course Kauai has their own independent power company, maybe a cooperative, not owned by HECO.
You are so correct!

I just have HELCO ingrained for so long!

Anybody else thinks it's weird that "defer charging your car" isn't on the graphic? "Buy an EV even though the 48 amp charging circuit uses more electricity than all those things combined and charge it between 5-9. Just don't feed or wash your kids!"

"Note that there's no more HELCO, it's all just HECO now. Of course Kauai has their own independent power company, maybe a cooperative, not owned by HECO."

Isn't that just a scheme to make all the islands pay for the potential lawsuits from the Lahaina fires? Nah... I'm going to keep calling them by the name they deserve: Hell Co.
"defer charging your car" isn't on the graphic?

You can program charging times.  Maybe they assume EV drivers already have the time set for after 9-10 PM?
HECO. Also has EV time of use rates:
https://www.hawaiianelectric.com/product...enrollment
BOOOOOO!

Did that scare all of you?

Hope so!

At any event, according to the Hawaii Electric Vehicle Association, there are 2,668 EV's registered in Hawaii County.

https://hawaiiev.org/#:~:text=EV%20Adopt...he%20state.

Judging by the smell of most in Puna, I guess there must be a much lesser number of Punaticks with washers and dryers!

OK Boogie man, back in the closet you go!
BOOOOOO!

I think most people who have a negative view of EV cars and how they operate are people who don’t own an EV car.  They don’t understand the features built in to the vehicle.  They’re against EV’s on general principle because it’s become a political talking point on broadcasts they watch or listen to.  And most of those talking points are utter nonsense.  

Years ago when incandescent light bulbs were being phased out, these same political networks claimed The Librals was behind it!!! Taking away their freedom to buy dim bulbs that were good enough for Edison who invented lectricity.  My dad bought a cart full of incandescents based on this terrible affront to his human, god given rights.  When I saw the closet stuffed full of the waning technology I asked him, what’s this?  After he explained I sat down and talked with him about watts & lumens etc.  I asked whether his sources ever explained that part to him.  Nope.  He died with more worthless bulbs than he could have used in 30 or 40 years.  They went in the garbage.

I have an EV.  I can program charging.  I charge during the day from rooftop solar panels.  For free.  Which is a pretty good non political talking point.