Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4/20 is coming up... and you know what that means
2024 Free Entrance Days in the National Parks

Come experience the national parks! All National Park Service sites that charge an entrance fee will offer free admission to everyone (other fees may apply). Mark your calendar for these entrance fee-free dates:
Thanks for the heads up Terracore!

I’m wondering if all of the great members of Puna Web understand the origins of 420. 

I present this highly acclaimed and very accurate mini documentary on the history of 420! Enjoy!

“A functioning, robust democracy requires a healthy, educated, participatory followership, and an educated, morally grounded leadership.” - Chinua Achebe
With current construction going on...it will be a traffic and parking nightmare.

https://www.nps.gov/havo/planyourvisit/c...osures.htm
a traffic and parking nightmare.

Maybe, but maybe not.
If the entry booths don’t have to charge an admission fee, traffic shouldn’t back up there.
Probably best to avoid the Visitor Center parking area as it’s now quite limited.
A good alternative is to drive to the Jaggar overlook parking area, there are a few short trails nearby.  At KMC parking lot, you can walk out to the crater rim AND then buy an ice cream bar afterward.
Or head toward Chain of Craters road and park in the Devastation Trail lot.  From there you can walk Devastation Trail or take the old Crater Rim Road which is now an easy walking path, and connects to a spectacular closeup overlook on the east side of Kilauea Crater.  Good view of the recent eruptions cinder cones in the crater.
(04-19-2024, 01:31 AM)HiloJulie Wrote: Thanks for the heads up Terracore!

I’m wondering if all of the great members of Puna Web understand the origins of 420. 

I present this highly acclaimed and very accurate mini documentary on the history of 420! Enjoy!

First of all, let me express my surprise, maybe disgust- that the free park holiday has been corrupted by people who want to celebrate taking The Pot.  I've seen "Reefer Madness" TWICE.  The Devil's Lettuce is neither "safe" nor "effective" at anything other than causing instant psychosis.  If you don't agree, you're part of the problem.
Others celebrate 4/20 for a different reason.
"...that the free park holiday has been corrupted by people who want to celebrate taking The Pot."

(Spoken in my best Tommy Chong impersonation)

No, no, no wait a minute dude! I've scored some of the best pot in my life at those free park holidays, man!
“A functioning, robust democracy requires a healthy, educated, participatory followership, and an educated, morally grounded leadership.” - Chinua Achebe
(04-19-2024, 06:52 AM)HiloJulie Wrote: "...that the free park holiday has been corrupted by people who want to celebrate taking The Pot."

(Spoken in my best Tommy Chong impersonation)

No, no, no wait a minute dude! I've scored some of the best pot in my life at those free park holidays, man!

LOL!
One more note of something even more rare than a solar eclipse is happening this year on 4/20!!! 

In fact, it's a once in every 100 years type of special "holiday!"

4/20/24 - is a "palindrome" number! Same forward same backwards!

See you all tomorrow at Volcano National Park!

For FREE!!!!!
(04-19-2024, 01:31 AM)HiloJulie Wrote:

Thank you! I'd not seen it before.