Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kenoi's Education???
Came across something strange with Kenoi's education and what he reported in a biography at a conference.

A bit of a discrepancy if I must say.

More here

Anyone know any truth about this?

-------
My Blog
Damon,
You have to understand, when Billy's statements are challenged, that is a smear. When Angel's statements are challenged, that is not a smear.
Got it?

James Weatherford, Ph.D.
15-1888 Hialoa
Hawaiian Paradise Park
He barely graduated from high school, then went on to get a college and law degree. How can that possibly detract from a person's charactor? Billy has never claimed to be a saint, but I'd say he handles pressure and adversity well. Thanks Damon for pointing this out.
Dr. W -

Yes, I'm starting to "get it".

My question that I pose, is not a smear at all... I'm a real person and I ask a legit question below.

I consider a smear something like the Akamaivoter dude with the anonymous website.

In this report I blogged about (I'm unable to link the actual report here for some reason) his "Bio" references his 1.8 GPA.

1.8 GPA... That is a D+ Average!

It doesn't take much to get a D+ Average.

The thing that I question is the following:

"... He barely graduated from high school with a 1.8 GPA, and after school found himself unemployed, living at the beach, and facing a lengthy prison sentence..."

If this is a "Bio" then that means that he provided the info for it I would assume.[B)]

I would like to know why and or what he was facing a lengthy prison sentence for?

Greg -

"Handling pressure and adversity"... Yeah right... Head Butting a dude at a bar at 2:00 in the morning then bailing out the back door when the cops arrive... that's handling pressure and adversity as an adult[Wink][Big Grin]

-------
My Blog
Damon, you are making a mountain out of a molehill! He admits he had problems in school, that description fits many others in Hawaii, surf's up, kids cut class. (http://billykenoi.com/education.html) Okay, so he made mistakes and probably will make other errors of judgment along the way, he's young he will learn. Kids today can better relate to someone who has experienced the same problems and issues that they are facing, the fact that he persevered and turned his life around, the message is clear it's never to late to change. It is also obvious that people who know him, care and believe in him. Regardless of which candidate wins, don't you think now is time to end the rhetoric!
With apologies to hikatz and her/his good advice, I'll weigh in one more time to provide some background that apparently didn't pop up during Damon's research into Kenoi's past:

From the 4/27/08 edition of West Hawaii Today:

"In 1986, when Kenoi was 18, he was arrested for driving under the influence and criminal promotion of marijuana. He spent a few days in jail but got a break when the judge granted him a deferred acceptance."

Also in that article:

"Pilago said he was arrested in 1966 on Oahu for fighting in public, spent a few hours in jail, was charged with a misdemeanor and served probation for about two years. The judge who handed down the ruling recommended Pilago join military service -- before he found himself in jail."

Thanks Dave for clarifying things. I had only heard rumors of Kenoi's Dealing days.

I don't often read the WHT. Was this in the Tribune somewhere?

-------
My Blog
"Dealing days"? How do you get that? The article said "criminal" promotion of marijuana, and all degrees/forms of mj promotion are criminal. Now if it had said something like "commercial" it would be a different story.

It might have been in the Trib, but I didn't look there as that newspaper charges for archived items. Sometimes, tho, you can find them cached.

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Smith

"Dealing days"? How do you get that?

From people who "allegedly" purchased from him and from people who knew of him back in the days.

But like I said... I had only heard rumors... I didn't realize there was a public record of it somewhere.

-------
My Blog
Again, there isn't a public record of dealing that I know of.

Do you know differently for sure? If not, we're becoming quite the rumormonger, aren't we?