Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hunting the edge of space
I saw those when you posted them before. Very cool and worth a replay.

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Tom... A thumb Drive is AKA USB Drive, Jump/Flash Drive or Memory Stick.

You can buy a 8 or 16 Gig drive these days for around 10 bucks at longs or walmart. Anyway, drop on over, I live in Hawaiian Beaches.

Cheers!

Eric
PBS has all the NOVA episodes for 38 years online with full episodes available for streaming. Here is part 1 here:

http://video.pbs.org/video/1456686369

Hulu has some NOVA movies plus recent episodes. In addition, there are a bunch of NOVA shows on Netflix and Amazon Prime. NOVA also has a couple spinoffs, one show with Neil Degrasse Tyson, also up for streaming. Then there are all the National Geographics...
*Japanese tourist on bus through Pahoa, "Is this still America?*
Eric - I know what a thumb drive is, just didn't know how to send you one. That's all I meant! (I don't expect people to use their own stuff just to help me out!). And I might hold you to that promise of a visit one day!

Thanks, Pahoated. Pretty sure those shows had to be online somewhere, so thanks for confirming it.

Tom
http://apacificview.blogspot.com/
You're welcome TomK. Very impressive to be part of Keck. I remember just before Hubble all the talk about how Earth-based optical telescopes were going to be dinosaurs. The idea to use a high powered laser for calibration was just pure genius. Plus this fiber optic synthetic aperture is so awesome along with the new infrared sensor elements. My thing now is finding out about the Polynesian constellations. Didn't realize the word alamoana (deep sea road) was their word for the Milky Way. The Polynesians were traversing thousands of miles of open ocean at a time European sailors generally accepted the edge of the world was not far beyond the gates of Hercules.
*Japanese tourist on bus through Pahoa, "Is this still America?*