Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Without Looking
The McMansion owners will be just thrilled if they make Hwy 130 4 lanes. Ought to do wonders for the resale value. Thems the breaks.

I saw something on friday morning that made me realize that some people are really lucky! I was going to Hilo and I was approching the Milo's street light (where the new CU bank is). This car came for the milo street and went towards Pahoa WITHOUT STOPPING (making a left from milo)!! I couldn't believe it! She went through 4 lanes of traffic (going to hilo and coming from hilo) without causing an accident! What a luck! that was a busy guardian angel...

Edited by - marama77 on 04/22/2007 10:01:12
Sadly, not all people can be relied upon to actually follow the rules of driving. So it seems like bringing them to a dead stop at a red light is one solution (of many, admittedly). I like the idea of lowering the speed limit on 130 Punamom...reverse psychology? LOL

Carrie

Carrie

http://www.carrierojo.etsy.com
http://www.vintageandvelvet.blogspot.com

"Freedom has a scent like the top of a newborn baby's head..." U2
I agree.
Stoplights are a very good thing.

Personally, I much preferred the skinny/wobbly two-lane once-upon-a-time Keaau-Pahoa Highway, with it's single row of skinny/wobbly telephone-poles and it's magnificent droopy mango trees, but dem daze is gone, I'm afraid...along with much of the aloha and brain-function on the roads.

Hate to have to share this tidbit in public (since what it is likely to do in effect is double-up the amount of traffic in a certain stretch), but maybe it'll save someone's life....as it has mine nearly every weekday morning for the past couple years:

Seeing as it's virtually impossible (and too much of a death-defying risk)to make a left-hand turn out of Paradise onto 130 in the mornings any more, I've instituted my own "roundabout."

In order to take a left, in order to go to Pahoa, I instead take a right, go to Orchidland, take a left, spin around in front of the mailboxes, and then take a right onto 130. So far so good.

There are just too many folks going wayyy too fast on that highway. And coupled with the fact that 98.6% of them are either putting on their lipstick, slappin' at the kids in the back seat, hollering at their ex on the cellphone, trying to make sense out of some tax-map-key, or reaching down to grab a coffee/Corona/cheeseburger/joint, one of us is bound to die.

And soon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edited by - malolo on 04/23/2007 08:50:58