Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zippy's opening a restaurant in Hilo!
In my younger days... the more alky and the later the hour, the better Zippy's tasted.

I also liked Breakfast, Lunch and Crab down the street.
Ditto to that. Except that the zipmin was the course of choice after a long night of imbibing. Can't remember the name they coined for their apple turnovers? But, did really enjoy those (from Napoleon's Bakery which is also supposed to be included in their restaurant that's come to the ITO) and the blueberry ones were ono any time of day.

"a great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices."

w. james

"a great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices."

w. james

Might as well just go Freddy's.
Napples...still yummy.
Ah, yes. That's it!

w. james

w. james

Zippy’s opening in Hilo Aug. 1 Yay, that's the annual anniversary of my 29th birthday.

http://westhawaiitoday.com/sections/news...aug-1.html
quote:
Originally posted by Hotzcatz...
They also will become part of the community, which is more than Wal-Mart ever does. Zippy's is good people, they are from the islands and understand islands.

"I like yard sales," he said. "All true survivalists like yard sales."
Kurt Wilson

And whether they are good fast food or not, chili was what you expect or not, Zippy's is corporate done Hawaiian Style and successfully, and good for the community.

Also way back in the day Zippy's is where we would go after a long night in Waikiki before heading home. Taste's pretty good at 2 AM! Smile

At 2am, pretty much anything tastes good. Just another fast food joint. Ho hum.
Nothing left to do but
Smile
Smile
Smile
Has johnp investigated ho much they're paying their cooks? :-)
Somebody gave me a box of Zippy's frozen chili. It was really awful. Tasted like it had two cups of sugar in it. My dog Trixie loved it, though, so it didn't go to waste.