Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Southwest Ailines on track to fly to Hawaii
I thought this was interesting. The more airlines offering flights to/from Hawaii, maybe, just maybe prices will get competitive. I can only hope. Where I came from (near Boise, ID), Southwest was a sweetheart of an airline for the locals.
http://www.sacbee.com/2012/09/21/4842742...-path.html
He who hoots with owls at night cannot soar with the eagles in the morning.
It's my favorite and I'm in the S.E.

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
I was in Sacramento 3 months ago and asked a pilot for southwest about Hawaii flights after southwest had converted the fleet to etops certified airplanes - he was emphatic - no Hawaii

- not so much about future Cancun plans... I dont know whether my buddy "is in the loop" or whether he was spreading dis information if he is - he was over emphatic - raised an eyebrow too boot.

while on topic....

I dont much care for the southwest boarding procedures - nor what appeared to be hydraulic fluid smears and stains on the starboard wing of this mornings hawaiian A330 (HA-3) flight either....... (I guess you just cant please some folks - grin) Guess I'm just getting old...I cant imagine a major airline leaving the crud after a hydraulic leak repair.....
quote:
Originally posted by nana valley...The more airlines offering flights to/from Hawaii, maybe, just maybe prices will get competitive....

HA.

Maybe for Honolulu.

infrequently KOA but once in a blue moon ITO.

ETA: Derisive tone not directed at nana valley but at airlines.
quote:
Originally posted by Kapohocat

quote:
Originally posted by nana valley...The more airlines offering flights to/from Hawaii, maybe, just maybe prices will get competitive....

HA.

Maybe for Honolulu.

infrequently KOA but once in a blue moon ITO.

ETA: Derisive tone not directed at nana valley but at airlines.

Well...Southwest Airlines is known for flying into secondary airports...Hilo? Ya just never know!

"Stop Whining! Vote with your money!"
"Vote with your money!"
HA is offering a 369.00 rt ITO/LAX 10/23-30 my guess is united will follow