Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Water spigots in Puna
A warning from the police, in case you aren't aware:

Media Release

Big Island police are investigating a reported robbery that occurred early Saturday morning in Puna.

On October 6 at about 3 a.m., a 67-year-old Volcano man reported that he was filling water containers at the county water spigots in Kurtistown when he was confronted by a lone male, who initially started a conversation with him. The suspect reportedly assaulted the victim and stole his wallet. Another male suspect appeared and was seen rummaging through the victim’s parked vehicle. Both suspects fled the area on foot.

The victim was taken to Hilo Medical Center for non-life-threatening injuries. He was treated at the hospital and released.

One of the suspects was described as a Caucasian male in his late teens or early 20s, about 5-foot-9 tall with a medium build. He may have been wearing light-colored board shorts and a T-shirt.

Detectives are continuing the investigation, which is classified as a second-degree robbery and first-degree unauthorized entry into a motor vehicle.

Police ask that anyone may have witnessed this incident or has any other information about it contact Detective Joel Field at 961-2381 or jfield@co.hawaii.hi.us.
He who hoots with owls at night cannot soar with the eagles in the morning.
i'm confused. thought the water station was only open until 11 p.m. and didn't open until 6 a.m.
That's not a great time to be getting water. At the one near Pahoa you are fenced in. Walk softly and carry a big stick. I was confronted by a Jehova's Witness at the Pahoa station. I btalked to her nicely till I was done filling. I wouldn't stop there at 3:00 am.

jon

Jon in Keaau/HPP
Jon in Keaau/HPP