Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eye Sore in HPP, and it really pisses me off!
Yup, Hilo, agreed... And the good ol'boys are groups who went to school together and either did not leave or came back. While here on the islands, it ain't just a drive away if'n's you's is in mind to relocate. It is a lot tougher on a locals around here to leave their homes, families to a place that is not easy to return from.

That's mine and my wife's problem too. It ain't so easy relocating here, so distant from our children. But i expect we'll adjust and hope our kids will be prosperous. if not we building extra rooms for em..he he.

aloha all,

in regards to the folks having trouble with neighbors, i'd try to offer a handshake, a smile, and find resolution.

i had a neighbor who was ideal. quiet, kept to himself, rarely saw him. then his daughter, her dead-beat boyfriend, children and pets moved in. the boyfriend was a jerk, and went out of his way to be a jerk. after months of hand gestures and posturing, we were basically on the verge of squaring-off in the street. one day, he was in his front yard, and i approached him with an extended hand, and a "hey bud, this is stupid. we're neighbors, gonna be neighbors, so lets figure out how to be better neighbors."

to my suprise, he felt the same way. there had been so much misunderstanding and "bad blood," that you almost forget what set you off in the first place. after that, all was cool. until the cops showed up and hauled him away on domestic abuse... but that's another story.

so, i'd recommend approaching the disgruntled neighbor, and offering a truce, to remain neighbors. if it doesn't work, at least you tried, and will be the better for it. but i do recommend for others breaking ground on new building, to meet, greet, and chat with potential neighbors, before you build. start off on a good foot.

aloha all, good luck!

holahan

:?)