Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cheat Sheet for Ham Radio Users
During the initial stages of a disaster, HAM Radio operators are often the only line of communication in or out of the effected area.

Their ability to communicate when the grid goes down, is one of the major reasons I advise everyone to look into HAM Radio.

In a survival situation, communication and the ability to quickly gather information are going to be critical factors in determining the outcome of your situation.

Here is our Ham Radio Cheat Sheet

http://offgridsurvival.com/hamradiocheatsheet/
sites like arrl.org and qrz.com might be a better place to look for ham info
couple of big 12volt batteries as back up power supply as well - water proof housings for the batteries in case of flood - been there - done that - I like the ssb frequencies - keep the coast guard 911 frequencies set as primary - they listen 24 hrs.............

I also keep 2 handhelds in my "go" bag - one aircraft the other a marine band .... 121.5 on the aircraft band and channel 16 on the marine band critical frequencies as well. Dont forget your signal mirror and whistle - good items to have in your "go bag" when needed along with 2-5 days of compact food, cash, and ID - all packed in zip locks.........