Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pahoa HI5?
Can anyone tell me where the Pahoa waste transfer station/HI5 is?

Keaau HI5 is closed thrusdays but Pahoa is supposed to be open and I'd like to do recycling today!

Dayna

www.E-Z-Caps.com
Dayna Robertson
At Home Hawaii
Real Estate Sales and Property Management
RS-85517
Dayna.JustListedInHawaii.com
Dayna.Robertson@gmail.com
It's on a loop with one end through the center of the Pahoa schools and the other end is next to the Pahoa Baptist church. Not sure of the hours though. So it's above old Pahoa town.

Jay
Jay
The end through the schools is a long and winding route so, in any case, it is much better to come from the end of the loop on the Hilo side of downtown Pahoa. I think it is Hilo side of Pahoa Feed and Seed.

Allen
Finally in HPP
Allen
Finally in HPP
When did the Keaau one start closing on Thursdays? I know they only pay for bottles etc on M,Weds,Fri, and I believe Sat and Sun.

Jon in Keaau/HPP
Jon in Keaau/HPP
AGAIN, Everyone here should have recyclehawaii.org on their bookmarks, as that is where to go for most of your waste ????

For all of your HI5 ??? link here:
http://recyclehawaii.org/hi5-redemption.html

Pahoa HI5 is open from 8am-4:30pm (CLOSED FROM 1pm-1:30pm for lunch)

Keaau HI5 has been closed on Tues & Thurs for as long as Pahoa HI5 has been open on Tues & Thurs, maybe even longer (like as long as I can remember...which is getting shorter, which is WHY I bookmark these important sites!)

(Added) And as long as we are talking waste, I know some of you have e-waste lying about & may be wondering, what & where???

Well, the NEXT collection it is NEXT weekend, Saturday 10/27/12 at UH-Hilo....
http://recyclehawaii.org/e-waste-recycling.html
Coming from Keaau it's the left AFTER the feed store, BEFORE the baptist church. Apa'a St. Also open saturday and sunday
quote:
Originally posted by Crazyravysmom

Coming from Keaau it's the left AFTER the feed store, BEFORE the baptist church. Apa'a St. Also open saturday and sunday

Just to clarify, coming from Kea'au it's the RIGHT after the feed store.

The reason the turn is so hard to find is that the sign is only visible heading from Pahoa towards Kea'au. Heading from Kea'au into Pahoa the sign is completely obscured by vegetation and you will never see it until you've realized you've gone to far, turned around, and headed back towards Hilo.