Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Couple Arrested for burglary in HPP on 5th-1 today
Sometimes I drive through Eden Roc going up and down the cross roads just looking at what people are planting and building. I should expect to be confronted by a neighborhood watch but never have been. Go figure. I'm not casing the place, I just like seeing what people are building.

I still occasionally see new lots being cleared or a driveway put in, or even just a new shack being perched back in the trees. However for several years now there have been a pair of what appear to be new houses of similar design and construction on side by side lots that were ripped and rolled pin to pin, sitting empty as described with weeds growing up. Always wondered about them. I assume someone had the side by side lots and built on spec, now can't unload the houses for what they spent. No evidence of squatters yet.

There is a lot almost directly behind mine that had someone living in it initially but which now appears to be empty. I occasionally see vehicles there. There was some bulldozing done on the lot a couple of years ago which makes me think that the owner is around. Who else would have spent any money on the place? Yet they didn't take down the shack or make any improvements. Still nobody living there. Wish I knew the story.
I'm amazed at the number of seemingly abandoned houses in HPP. Many are quite new.

Jon in Keaau/HPP
Jon in Keaau/HPP
Those houses are bank owned (most likely) waiting for the market to return.