Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Won't do that again- World Tropical Gardens
Thanks Mark, that was very cool of you.

Rob, as always the consumate gentleman, I applaud you advising the WBG directly and also giving him in this forum the opportunity to reply. I have been out that way in many years - more than 8 at least - and it was just barely developing then when I lived out in Honomu.

Maybe Mark can keep us posted on developements and events!

Catherine Dumond
Blue Water Project Management
808 217-7578
http://bluewaterpm.125mb.com/index.html
"We help make building your dream home a reality"
Rob you weren't offered the kama'aina rate of $6 when you visited?

That is a reasonable fee and perhaps I will visit again! Hey maybe it would be free if you pulled weeds along the way! I would do that too!

mella l
mella l
Art and Science
bytheSEA
No, there was no sign or mention of the kama'aina rate. When I complained at the end of our tour and asked for contact info for the garden I said I was from Puna it wasn't mentioned either.

I feel somewhat sorry for the tourists.

It's not simply the price charged though that does matter. Frankly I would have probably said "Won't do that again" for a $6 fee (just not as publicly). It has something to do with expectations not met.

At my first stop on this tour I found myself at the Umauma Falls overlook. No sense of landscape I could discern and there I was pulling vines off the lonely choked plant by the railing. My first response there was "Who's taking care of this place?". I will say that it was all clean. I wasn't seeing trash and debris anywhere. I just wasn't seeing anything resembling a World Garden.
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
Hi again Rob.

Your comments will have made it to our full board at Saturday mornings meeting. We will love to use them to improve the gardens. I hope you will take me up on the Garden Director Tour with Lanny.

I appreciate getting your thoughts, and those of others on Punaweb, on what improvements will bring the Gardens to a level that will provide for your thoughts on value. I am also interested in your expounding on "expectations not met". I really want us to be able to meet your expectations and exceed them.

We love feedback and there is absolutely none better than that of the kama'aina. As for the lack of mention of that rate when you were at the garden, I will make that topic number one at the board meeting. We need the locals friendly (hey, isn't that what Captain Cook said?)

Thanks again for everyone's comments and input. I promise we will take the opportunity to create a place of beauty that you will love to visit with your guests.

Sincerely,
Mark

The glass is always full - how much air is in the glass is the true question.
The glass is always full - how much air is in the glass is the true question.