Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pilau thieves found the Collector's house
We showed up to work over there today and discovered that some pilau sorry excuses robbed a bunch of stuff. Her truck that she decided not to sell at the last minute was one of them. Keep your eyes out for a gold/beige Ford Ranger, Mazda tailgate or no tailgate... it had a camper on the back of the tiered height type, that was painted a beige/gold as well, not very well painted, it was peeling to some teal color underneath.

They stole the moped, a Powermate generator, a weed whacker (think that was an Echo or something), pressure tank, water pump, bathroom sink... If you spot anything that you think might be some of this stuff, give us a call. What can you do, right? I call karma on their pilau butts. Tomorrow we go over the surveillance tapes. Looking forward to that! Aloha all, but for the thieves among us. Auwe thieves. Auwe!

Melissa Fletcher
"Make yurts, not war" Bill Coperthwaite, 1973
[}Smile]. That's terrible!

"a great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices."

w. james

"a great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices."

w. james

That is terrible but all too common. You really need to be careful in Puna. I know everybody is all about all the aloha and peace on earth, good will to all ideasphere but Puna is kind of a mecca for ex-cons, escaped convicts, deserters, dope dealers, some mafia stuff going on. It is well known in crooked circles that the Kalapana and Kau settlements are littered with these guys. Then they have friends, tweekers that don't have any place to live and there are all these foreclosed and abandoned houses. There are squatters all over. Since the houses are usually empty, they go around and burgle to get their furniture, Tv's, tools, whatever. Besides, this is Hawaii where there is no stinking government and everything belongs to everybody else, after all. Some people want to imply that it is all locals, thinking that means natives. There is a big difference between natives and locals, one does not mean the other necessarily. Despite it all, it is still a wonderful place to live, you just have to keep your eyes open. Big open house advertisements of a collectors possessions is like putting a sign on the place saying "ROB ME".
*Japanese tourist on bus through Pahoa, "Is this still America?*
Yes, we were aware of all of that, which is why we haven't shared the location, except to select, few people. It's another reason I'm giving Punawebbers first crack, because this is a relatively tight community. I'm thinking this was the same guy that hotwires and robs every vacant house in the area. It was only a matter of time before word got to him somehow. This guy got busted directly selling stolen goods on Craigslist. The police still did nothing. We have a major issue here in Hawaii mostly because of lack of enforcement. Not just at the police level, but at the court level. Even if the worst of the thieves by some miracle end up on probation, the probation officers don't enforce things. Show up to the meetings or not, they still won't likely go to jail. The message is clear: Do what you want if you're a criminal.

Melissa Fletcher
OH NO MY SINK !!!
Yes Sad The other is still there though, the pedestal sink. Sorry we didn't call this weekend, we were dealing with police report, etc.

Melissa Fletcher
That's a bummer... ICE has a huge play around here and the lack of law enforcement stinks...

Best you can do is hope your neighbors are truly looking out for you Okole when your on vacation etc...etc...

What comes around does go around ... I doubt you'll ever see your stuff but one can hope. If I see that truck I'll let ya know.
Keep heart! It's not like it can go to far! I hope you catch the stinkers and get it all back Melissa - best of luck.

Cheers

rainyjim