Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Faces of Ice
Click the link below for graphic yet educational before and after portraits detailing this drug's effects over several years.

So profoundly saddening yesterday in Hilo, actually tragic, to see what should have and would have been a strikingly well-built & handsome 20-something surfer, yet he was barely able to stand upright. He looked and acted like a zombie even though just a couple years ago he could have been a champion surfer or fashion magazine model. I was driving home from the laboratory and waited for a couple minutes at an intersection while he stood on the streetcorner a few feet away, trying to figure out if it was safe for him to enter the crosswalk. By the time he finally started forward his pedestrian "advance" signal switched to "wait" and, piteously, he nearly fell as he halted, swayed, and retreated back a few steps to cling to a post, clearly ravaged by ice (or meth, or crack, or crank, or whatever this awful stuff is being called at the moment in a particular locality). A burnt-out husk, teeth missing, sores everywhere, skin in shreds and tatters- but still with astonishingly beautiful hair; he must have swiftly slid down a very steep slope. It was so deeply sad. Such a waste.

I do not think even if all the king's horses and all the king's finest medical staff immediately converged and freely did their best there would be any possible recovery, he is so far gone. There is a point of no return and he looked far past it, alas, a critical mass of liver cells, CNS neurons, and so on already dead. Clearly, this is one high wall never to climb atop since the inevitable fall is such a hard one, based on the all-too-common results I see around here. Anyone who has started dabbling with this stuff, please seek immediate help.

As for the makers and sellers of this poison, may the most potent of geas be laid upon them and seep into every aspect of their lives that the misery they bring to others swiftly rebounds and is felt tenfold in their own personal experience and being.

If I had not seen the pathetic 20-something zombie yesterday, the last glimmers of his former youthful glory almost extinguished, then I would think the photos at this website were faked or some sort of absurd Reefer Madness scare tactic, but no, actually, I have seen enough firsthand now to believe the evidence.

Faces of Meth
http://www.businessinsider.com/new-faces...ng-2012-12

As a Libertarian my first inclination is for the legalization of all drugs (partially to lower the price and remove profit incentive for producers) yet there must be some accompanying social reforms with regard to education, treatment, and employment for that to work out well in practical effect. Until then, anything and everything we can do as individuals and a society to combat "ice" is worth doing.

)'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'(

Nina Paley's music video "All Creative Work Is Derivative"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcvd5JZkUXY&list=FLP7Vhr8C1-hS6BNSE3s6sMw&index=57&feature=plpp_video

)'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'(

Astonishing skill! This archer is a real-life Legolas and then some!
http://geekologie.com/2013/11/real-life-...rs-anc.php

Horrific and very saddening Sad herion is making a big comeback it is the next zombie maker
islandgirl
It IS horrifying. What this crap can do to someone in just a year or two...forget ten years, is hard to fathom. I feel so blessed and also sad for the loss of these people.

Carrie

http://www.sapphiresoap.etsy.com
http://www.septemberspirals.etsy.com

"Even the smallest person can change the course of the future..." Galadriel LOTR
Carrie Rojo

"Even the smallest person can change the course of the future..." Galadriel LOTR
The worst thing is all the kids who end up with what is basically PTSD from living with strung out speed freaks. I'm not even talking about the ones whose mothers did drugs while pregnant, I'm talking about the kids who end up living in cars and tents, whose parents spend days on end screaming at them, who are abused physically and mentally by the people who are supposed to keep them safe. Even when they get into a safe situation these kids spend years trying to overcome the deep seated fears their parents left in their souls. I had a high school student many years ago whose parents had raised him living in a dead van they towed from relative to relative's driveway while they did ice. He said this about them: "You look into their eyes and their souls were dead." This young man will never do drugs, in fact he wants to be a community police officer and work with homeless youth, but he has had to work really hard to get past the "heritage" of poverty and drug abuse his parents gave him, they were too wasted to even make it to his graduation.

Carol
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
Coming from a redneck town in eastern Oregon mountains, I, too, witnessed the empty trunk of a human being in Hilo in August, 2010.
I was stunned and broke into tears. My daughter, who has been accustomed to the environment (because of her work), didn't understand why I was slammed with such emotion.
I was in Hilo to shop for a house. Now I live here and I reach out to these people. They are human beings, sons, daughters, fathers, mothers, sisters, brothers. They are hungry. I don't give up on any of them! God help them.
He who hoots with owls at night cannot soar with the eagles in the morning.
Nana,
My first exposure to meth (called ICE here) was while working at an emergency shelter for families in Oregon in the early 80s. Many of our clients were homeless due to bad taste in boyfriends who would spend the rent money on meth. At that time it was confined for the most part to the I-5 corridor, but I warned my mother who was a judge in rural Indiana that it was coming her way. By the time she retired in the 90s meth was all over her county, so I wouldn't assume it wasn't in your town in Oregon too. Small town users often have to hide it a little better, but if your neighbor is out weed eating after midnight, or goes out and revs their truck motor for 30 minutes at 2 in the morning, and then goes back inside to scream at the wife for a few hours, they are probably doing meth. Taking every small appliance in the house apart is a sure sign too.

There is an amazing movie titled Spun that sums up the whole meth lifestyle, the director/producer was hired to drive for a meth cook for a few weeks while still a student, he turned the experience into a movie that really captures the psychotic mindset of meth heads.

Carol
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb