Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
does weather change cause you pain
I'm in SoCal and these waves of winter stormes are causing me constant grief. My arthritis goes whacko when the barameter drops and rises before and after a storm system passes through.

Knowing it rains several times in a day over there....How does it effect you arthritis sufferers in Puna?

I love to swim and it helps my pain but the water is too cold in the winter. I get about 100 days a year to swim and then I suffer all winter long. And especially during an El Nino upswing. I need a change of venue.

Love to hear from you.........[url][/url]

when we were in Puna for 6 weeks even the rainy days felt good. With the warmer temps my joints never hurt like they do in the northern regions. Swimming in the warm pond was great makes swimming possible year round!
islandgirl
Trade wind rain isn't caused by low pressure systems, so if that's what affects you it won't do it. The winter storms that come over from the west are low pressure fronts like on the mainland, but (unfortunately for those on the dry side) there have been a lot less of those the last few years, at least the ones reaching the Big Island.
Woo hoo....that's what I wanted to hear. Thanks for gettin back to me on this subject and clearing up my pre-conceived ideas. I have some other bodily ailments of the newly decrepid that just go away in warm weather and warm salt water. You have a new neighbor comming your way..........
[B)] Yes.

Looking out the window at 6' snowdrifts and an all white landscape, not only do I feel physical pain but I have emotional pain also. I have had enough, I think I will be leaving for Puna on the 21st of January, give or take a couple of days.[:I]

[:X]

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.
Mahalo
Rick
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.
Mahalo
Rick
I'm in the rain forest elevation, 1800 feet or so. I do more here than at my former home (WA, dry side of the state), and the misc pains are generally better. So go for it. I second the hot pond as a great resource. Wish we were closer. It seems salt water at least once a week is good for what are pesky skin problems, too, for me.

Peace and long life
Peace and long life