Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone else having problems with Netflix?
Jeez! I used to really love the way they worked, but the last few weeks have been stressful. No website for days; No discs in the mail; No way to find out what's going on. No wanna get satellite. Buy stock in Redbox!
I read that they had an outage over the holiday because amazon.com had a cloud server go down (netflix leases server space from amazon). Can't complain about the mailed disks. I always get an email from them the morning after I mail them that they have received them, and I get the replacement the next day.
Greg - I'm quite a prolific user of Netflix (mailed DVDs only) and haven't experienced any problems recently. There was one day shortly before Christmas when a couple of DVDs I returned didn't get back to them the next day, but put that down to the USPS rather than Netflix. Otherwise I've experienced no problems. I don't check their website every day so may have missed some outages if they happened.

Don't suppose you've pissed them off in way have you? Maybe returned the wrong and very inappropriate DVD? Wink

I actually did that once although the video wasn't me ranting about them or anything like that. Just sent them one of my own DVDs instead of the one they sent me. They were very good about it and returned it very quickly!

Tom
http://apacificview.blogspot.com/
Maybe it's just my computer; Maleware or something..... even right now I get the message: "The Netflix site is temporarily unavailable. Our engineers are working hard to bring the site back up as quickly as possible." when I try to access the site.
I assumed everyone was experiencing the outage.
That was it dwedeking! Mahalo![Big Grin]
I got the "website down" error message a couple of days ago but was able to access the website a few hours later. I had just updated my browser so maybe it had something to do with a browser problem.

I had problems with Netflix last year with late delivery of DVD's. I'd send a DVD back and it would take 5-7 days to get a new DVD. After a couple of months of this, I started reporting the shipping problems online but after doing that for a couple of weeks, I got an email saying my Netflix account was suspended.

When I called a live person, he called his supervisor on the other line, got the account reinstated, and ever since then I've had no problem at all. Even though my mail gets picked up after 3:30PM, Netflix sends an email the next morning saying they received it.

One tip that seems obvious now but I'd never noticed it until the representative mentioned it - make sure the bar code of the DVD shows through the little window in the envelope. Once it's scanned by the post office, Netflix is alerted that it's on its way to them.