Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kaumana Killing- Don't look around house unarmed!
5) Yes, the article is a bit dated but still relevant. You are correct that a version(s) of the story is making the conservative email and Facebook rounds. I specifically tried to track down an original source before postings, as I know many if not all such postings, that make the rounds in either conservative or Left Winger circles, are inaccurate if not outright falsehoods. I believe the source I linked to is very legitimate. Recognizing that it did not pass at the time (2005) doesn't, IMHO, make it any less relevant. However, had I paid more attention to the date I would have at least modified the text of my post that included the link.

I did think in the context in which posted the link it did relate reasonably well to the Puna topic. Although I believe it did provoke some thought, as I had hoped, it also served as more of a "bait" function than intended. For that I apologize.

I've tried to refrain from further engaging in a gun control debate on this forum as it's my understanding that such debate doesn't generally fall within Rob's guidelines. However, as my last word in this thread I would suggest the Wikipedia article on the topic as a good unbiased and brief (considering the subject matter) overview of the topic:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Amen...nstitution

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.