Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Property tax and bus increase proposed
quote:
Originally posted by JungleWahine

What does the bus cost now, or is it still free? When I left Chicago the buses were about $1.50 but they came every 10 minutes, ran all night AND weekends. Any plans for more bus routes/weekend bus routes if they get more money?

Would the Chicago bus take you 90 miles (distance from Hilo to Kona) for $1.00? There were also more than 2 million people in Chicago subsidizing their system vs. about 190,000 people here. You're comparing apples and pineapples...
The Chicago bus CTA fare is now $2.25 with no transfers if paying cash & $5 from Ohare... Using the transit card is $2 for bus (rail is the same) and they allow tranfers for 0.25 - Eligible reduced fares are $1.10... So the Chicago fare has gone up, so this will still be a better deal here & you can go much farther with your buck (or two), if it works for your schedule & transfers are free here!
Lovely news, thanks for sharing..........
Puna: Our roosters crow first
Why do we have to upgrade the computers, I am sure they are doing the job they were designed to do, and the software does exactly what it should too.

Is the Face Book connection slow at the Court House???

Spending money on crap that is not needed is an art form.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.
Mahalo
Rick
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.
Mahalo
Rick
quote:
Originally posted by Wuzzerdad
Spending money on crap that is not needed is an art form.

The IT contractor "needs" a bigger boat...