Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What were those BLUE/RED flashes in the sky ???
When I went to bed last night at about 10:10pm we saw the WHOLE northern sky flash BLUE then PINK.. several times, it must have been something electrical, since it caused our 12 volt pump to make a "humming" sound. It happened again in about 10 minutes, the same blue and pink flashes, no sound (it was WAY to big and quiet for fireworks) lighting up the WHOLE sky,and causing the pump to hum. ANYONE else see it, or know what it might have BEEN?????
didn't see it but my lights flickered briefly about that time.
You didn't mention were you were. I am in Nanawale.

He who hoots with owls at night cannot soar with the eagles in the morning.
He who hoots with owls at night cannot soar with the eagles in the morning.
Sorry, we are in Hawaiian Acres, our place sits up pretty high.....maybe thats why most didn't see it, sure would like someone to tell us WHAT it was!!!!
Not sure about the pink but when utility power transformers go they light up the sky with an eerie blue. Kinda cool during hurricanes when several are failing at once around a town at night.

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Around this time, a palm tree fell over the HELCO wires somewhere around Keeau town. Transformer blew, traffic lights were out, lines were down, Power out in certain areas, etc. Could have been what you saw in the sky. JMO.
Depending on the transformer, they can give off a pink hue also

Be Now
Aloha
Be Now
Aloha