Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fencing preferences...
We're thinking of putting up a fence in our HPP lot; the forest reserve piggies have finally found us. Smile

Any advice or suggestions on fencing types? The round wood poles? Metal fenceposts? What kind of fencing material.. wire, barbed, other? Are those hole digger drill things available somewh4re for rent?

Any thoughts appreciated...

-- rainshadow
-- rainshadow
puna rentals in shipman has post hole diggers and the compressor to run it and hoses 100 feet you rent by how many you need. we did the 12 q cattle wire then ran barbed wire tight along the bottom for piggys. used metal posts or you need quite a large auger if you go wood. this is assuming lava?
I can't remember if I read it here or someone told me ... They HAD to get a couple holes in lava to drop in those VW ish shaped posts so hooked up auger bit to cordless impact drill and said a prayer ... Blaaaaap ... to their suprise the bit went right in !!

Maybe not the way to go for dozens of posts but worth a check just to see what surface is like if you have a drill like this.

aloha,
pog
We just got our HPP lot fenced by Bobby Baring of Hawaii Fence Pro. AWESOME JOB!! He lives in the Park, so he knows exactly what will work. Very reasonable and honest.