Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pahoa Man Shot with Speargun in Leilani Estates
WTH IS GOING ON IN OUR PUNA?!?!

(*Snipped - More at link)

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/22697...puna-brawl

Big Island police are investigating an incident involving a spear gun that occurred in the Puna District which left one person critically injured.

Late last night (June 25, 2013) at about 10:15 pm, police responded to a call of a 20 year-old Pahoa man who was shot with a spear gun during a confrontation on Leilani Avenue in the Leilani Estates Subdivision.

Police and Hawaii Fire Department medics responded to the location and stabilized the victim at the scene before transporting him to the Hilo Medical Center.

Police also learned that a 61 year-old female sustained a non life-threatening injury to her lower leg during the confrontation after being struck by a large rock. She was also transported to the Hilo Medical Center for treatment and was subsequently released .

Officers arrested a 49 year-old Pahoa man for second degree attempted murder and he is being held in the police cellblock while detectives from the Area I Criminal Investigation Section continue the investigation.

The victim underwent surgery at the medical center and he remains in critical condition.
Update: Arrest Made Today

http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/break...=213235061

Police arrested a man suspected of shooting a spear gun at a 20-year-old Pahoa man and assaulting a 61-year-old woman with a large rock.

The Pahoa man was shot with the spear gun during a confrontation on Leilani Avenue in the Leilani Estates subdivision at about 10:15 p.m. Wednesday night, police said.

Paramedics took the man to the hospital where he underwent surgery and was reported in critical condition.

The suspect also allegedly struck the woman with a rock in her lower leg. Paramedics also took her to the hospital, where she was treated and released.

Officers arrested a 49-year-old Pahoa man for suspicion of second-degree attempted murder.

Police said the investigation into the incident is continuing.

ETA: (Snipped - Picture of suspect at link)

http://bigislandnow.com/2013/06/26/man-i...spear-gun/

A 49-year-old Puna man was being held at the Hilo police cellblock today on suspicion of attempted murder following a confrontation Tuesday night in Puna in which a man was shot by a spear gun.

The suspect was identified as George Curnett of Pahoa.
What the hell? Starting right at the beginning of the year with the murders and shootouts in Hilo, to the bodies found a little while later, to the still unexplained deaths in Kalapana, this has been a crazy six months. Hopefully that means we're due for some normalcy the second half of the year.
Leilani Estates, 2011 to Present
A case of mistaken identity? Perhaps the suspect thought the victim was a fish.
Meth?
Bath salts is my guess.
I was told today that the blood in Pahoa and the spear gun victim are one and the same. Sure doesn't sound like it when reading this police statement.
If I didn't have Punaweb, I would never get the real story. And understand, I am not saying the story I heard is true. Just found it interesting that the two ended up connected.

I'm still waiting for a cognitive story!

He who hoots with owls at night cannot soar with the eagles in the morning.
He who hoots with owls at night cannot soar with the eagles in the morning.
dragon2k, You are trolling. Not a good habit here.

Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
Thanks Rob ... Its getting old.

post count ?