Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Punachicks
Our dear friends have started a business that provides healthy organic poultry that is raised here in Puna. Our first purchase was excellent and fresh and delicious. I wish them all the success. http://www.punachicksfarm.com/
I'm hoping that they can raise up a turkey for the holidays that is as good as the chicken that I ate.
They're not trying to compete with Tyson Chicken in the 5lb. frozen bricks and you should expect to get what you pay for.
good info, mahalo. check out the website - local family, food, business, woot woot!! [8D]
Got to admit that when first reading the post title I was thinking Patchouli oil.

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
so how much does the organic chicken cost?
and is this Emily and Yorrick's business?

><(((*> ~~~~ ><(("> ~~~~ ><'> ~~~~ >(>
Organic: $5.50/lb (approx. $25/chicken)

When it comes to food, you get what you pay for. Our chickens are of superior quality than those available at the supermarket. Pastured chickens are better tasting as well as better for your health, the environment, and the local economy.

I don't really care about the Organic part... But I'd pay it just to have a "Healthy" chicken that was somewhat happy enjoying the grass and outdoors. Not like a chicken raised in those crates that never see the sun or feel the ground. So, I'd imagine they would taste better. I'll try one out... Soon.
quote:
Originally posted by oink

Got to admit that when first reading the post title I was thinking Patchouli oil.

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.

I was picturing someone selling "homemade soap". But for some reason, the person selling it hasn't used any in days.