Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Puna coffee #1!!!
Have anyone actually seen this coffee and Makuu or Hilo farmer's market? I've been searching at the farmer's markets when I go and either I am totally blind or they are not often there. I've purchased half a dozen other Big Island coffees as consolation and don't get me wrong, it is fun to taste test the different coffees of the island, but I've been wanting to try Big Island Coffee Roasters since I've seen this thread.
The winning Puna coffee by Big Island Coffee Roasters was in the "specialty" category for artisan production of under 300 pounds processed. I called on the day it won & they were already running fast through the specialty varietal. Luckily they did have some then, but thy might not have any now, 3 months later..

The winning Commercial category (over 300 pounds was won by Mountain Thunder. They may still have some of there winning coffee.. may want to check..

Shave ice, we see them at the Makuu farmer's market every time we are visiting. We don't get to the Hilo market all that often, but they are usually there on Saturday. There are times they go off island, or to a different weekend venue, but they are pretty regular. I'm sorry you have missed them! You can always order through their website: bigislandcoffeeroasters.com. They also have a Facebook page - maybe you could ask about their schedule there?
That's great. I've always liked Sharkeys coffee ... Guess I'll have to try this soon!