Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crate maker
I am looking for some recommendations for having a couple of shipping crates made. We have a friend moving off island who doesn't have enough stuff to warrant even a 20 foot container. So, please, be generous with your suggestions. Peggy

Peace and long life
Peace and long life
I see used ones all the time on craigslist. Look there! I think under "materials" maybe?
How big? I crated several glass and marble table for a friend that moved to NC a little over a year ago.... Everything made it back with out a scratch.

Royall

Hale O Na Mea Pa`ani

Royall, he has tubs of smaller personal items. The only furniture left is one small kitchen table and maybe his bed headboard. He has a small wheel barrel he mentioned taking. The reason I know he has very little, relatively, is because we just dumped our container of household goods into his house. He has graciously allowed us to do this as my loan closing got delayed. So any suggestions of how to handle a smaller than container load would be appreciated.

Thanks, Unknownjulie, I'll forward your suggestion to him. Like me, sitting in WA last month, he is feeling slightly overwhelmed at the task of moving.

Peace and long life
Peace and long life
Hey Peg... give me a call if you like. 982 8950

Royall

Hale O Na Mea Pa`ani

They should be easy to make. I used a UHaul "U-Box" that was 4'W x 7'H by 8'L. It is plywood on all sides with 2X4's for reinforcement. The bottom was reinforced with extra wood for lifting and placing on trailers. It kept all my belongings dry while shipped and when it arrived here, I painted it and use it for storage. The door is wide and tall so packing was easy and the box had three door latches on it (top, center, bottom) and easily locked up.
I am sure you could build one cheaply yet sturdy.

I must edit one more thing! I almost forgot. UBox furnished a heavy cover that was wrapped around the box and sealed together with strong velcro.

He who hoots with owls at night cannot soar with the eagles in the morning.
He who hoots with owls at night cannot soar with the eagles in the morning.
Thanks, I am sharing all your information.

Peace and long life
Peace and long life