Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost Black Dog- Waa Waa. Reward
Thanks for the wonderful update!
Great that you got your dog back! Smile Anyone ever install those invisible fence's? You know you put a shock collar on your dog and when they get too close it gives them a little warning jolt.

Good ones? Bad ones? I am thinking of getting a dog and really don't want to put them on a leash or a dog run. Don't really have the cash to fence in the entire yard.
That is awesome to hear. It's always nice to hear about the good people out in the world.
So happy for your family and Maya! Thank you for letting Punatalk know.

He who hoots with owls at night cannot soar with the eagles in the morning.
tjackson,
Glad to hear you found her. I was feeling badly for you today when talking to you or your family member about it on the road. We hung out there for a long while partially to see if she might wander by. But all is well now.

- Armed citizens provide security of a free State.
Eric, we had one on the mainland...
It worked for one dog...but the second one figured out that though it stung - if you run real fast you are free... but this is also on that would routinely go INTO electric fence areas to be near neighbors horses... so not the really brightest bulb...

There was a cost saving in installation, but that was in soil...not lava & the electric may cancel any savings...

currently have a part of our small lot fenced for the dog... & had friend in HPP also had fenced a part, they actually had a couple of fenced areas that they set up (they got used fencing that they set up... painted it so not bad looking...they did put in new posts
I used the PetSafe Wireless "fence" on my dog from her puppy days to a year old. It was perfect for her. After a year, we stopped using it and she never challenged the "fence". We had it on her 100% of the time when she was outside so she never learned to test it and possibly sneak away. Other dogs came in the yard and played with her but when they trotted off the property, she would stop about three feet before the beeping started. We had it set on the highest shock and used the large contact points on her collar, per instruction for a large dog. There is a smaller collar with smaller points for contact if you have a small dog. She learned quickly and respected the collar.
http://www.petco.com/product/6533/PetSafe-Wireless-Instant-Fence-Pet-Containment-System.aspx?cm_mmc=CSEMGoogleAdExtProd%20-_-Fences-_-PetSafe-_-692131&gclid=CN_s8syK_7gCFchxQgodlh0Aug