Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hawaii property tax exemption and Wells Fargo
You can go to this link and (for a fee) they can research all the life insurance policies and tell you if there is an unclaimed one from your mother:

http://www.mib.com/
This may, or may not be helpful. I recently was in the Credit Union on the street near "Big Island Candies", and there were numerous posters up advertising a specific type of policy that "pays off your mortgage in the event of your death". They were really pushing this type of coverage. If your mom had her loan there, you might try and find out what company is offering this and then call them to inquire. Even if the loan was not from this C.U., I think I'd still find out the company. I doubt there are too many to choose from offering this type of insurance in Hawaii. Lynette in the loan department knew all about this coverage. There is a branch of this C.U. in Keaau across from the HS on the main road.
I hope I am understanding the problem correctly. You were deeded the house as an inheritance, so you are not "obligated" to pay the mortgage that still exists in your mom's name,- but if you dont pay that bill, then the bank will foreclose? (There is a normal lien on the property that is always placed there, when I mortgage exists) GL!!
quote:
Originally posted by terracore

You can go to this link and (for a fee) they can research all the life insurance policies and tell you if there is an unclaimed one from your mother:

http://www.mib.com/

I knew Punawebbers would have a viable idea!!! (I have called probably 100's of companies since Feb and just got a list from DCCA of 1076 companies that do business in HI.)

For $36 - they do what I have been doing!! WOW.

Thanks!!

to Unknown Julie - yes but we would not let it go into foreclosure. But the amount of the loan if paid off back dated to her death would pay a good portion of my brother's nut for his kids college tuition instead of us keeping our fingers crossed that our tenant stays happy!