Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Speeding...again
Yes i did not make it clear that was the construction zone and it seems the cops are enforcing that 35 mph speed limit thru there
All - I know speeding discussions always bring about some interesting and varied opinions. My comment earlier on in the thread about deer and cows may not have been taken the right way by some (no one has actually said anything) but wasn't meant in a nasty way, it's just how things seems to veer of course so often here. But is was driven by the death of Cenon Visaya who was cycling quite innocently in Keaau and killed by a driver allegedly driving with excess speed just a couple of weeks ago. One or two in this thread have mentioned driving at 90 mph which seems excessive to me and maybe they should ponder what might happen to them if they ended up in the same situation as this driver who is facing several years in prison. I can almost anticipate the replies, but I'm sure Siaiku Aholelei also thought he was a good driver.
For the record, as others have said, 90 on any highway I know of on BI is insane. There are just too many variables. It ain't the autobahn, cordoned off sections of well engineered highway specifically designed for high speed. It's an island where just about anything can unexpectedly happen, and often does, like a drunk backpacker staggering out into traffic. If a person has "a need for speed" there are places to satisfy that. They're called speedways or racetracks. Hey, there happens to be one in Hilo!