Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LFA *Yet Again*
Neighbor complaining he has LFA. Sure enough I was out in the my own yard and confirmed they are in my own yard now on banana trees.

So... I was wondering...

http://www.littlefireants.com/LFA%20Fact...et%206.pdf

Anyone try this? I was thinking this would be best. They don't appear to be close to the house yet. So... I'm taking my time.

I also have a lot of lizards in my trees that like to hang out. Will this bait kill the lizards? Sad

I'm kinda wondering what would happen if I just mix borax dissolved in hot water and sprayed the posts and pier blocks with this... Would this stop LFA from climbing up into the house? Would this mixture have any effect on killing of Anole or Gold Dust Day Glow gecko's?

Thanks.
TANGO is only available in 2.5 gal VERY EXPENSIVE container on island... Amdro does sell a bait, FIRESTRIKE, that has the Amdro fire ant bait formula (Hydramethylnon) ALONG with the same ingredient in TANGO (s-Methoprene).

We have been using FIRESTRIKE this last year, we are using less & getting longer coverage...but have no hope for total eradication... we have used it mainly as a trail bait, have yet to wrap it into our fruit trees with a foil wrap....as this is the time they are reappearing, will try it in the tree wraps

One thing that should be clear, all LFA formulas can be attractive to animals, since all use food oil. And all have ingredients that are not good for pets...
I am finding that I am building up an immunity to the bites ! Stings like hell at first and then goes away very quickly.
We have Amdro in spam cans near all of our windows to keep them out of the house !!!
Thought it'd be a good idea to update on my ants that I did have in the house. These were not LfA's but were at least two different species of regular ants. I have not seen one for at least a month. All I used was some spinosad on some old apple cores and placed them on the ant trails for a couple days. I used the same bait to irradicate Texas fire ants when I lived there. It's all natural (but can harm bees) and it is not too expensive. I got it off amazon this time.