Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sen Green wants ban on Roundup
quote:
Originally posted by Midnight Rambler

Is there any wanton spraying? There certainly doesn't seem to be any in Opihikao, unless it's what Bob and Syd Singer are inhaling to come up with the stuff they write.

Actually the county sprays several times a year on Kamaili rd. Recently though they have been mowing much more - and wider as well.
After watching the linked video Beachboy posted under "Sen Ruderman, where is the proof?" page 14. I am adjusting my previous statement ("Isn't there something else for these representatives to focus on, like infrastructure or perhaps a GMO labeling bill?") to - How about introducing a bill to educate everyone on how Glyphosate really works and what it does within a mammal once introduced? That might drum up the support and evidence necessary to ban its use and keep it banned even under judicial scrutiny.

- Armed citizens provide security of a free State.
quote:
Originally posted by kalakoa

I hate to suggest "doing something useful", but what about the bean borer that's destroying our local coffee industry?

Or the albizia? Or the pigs/deer? Or whatever's killing the honeybees?

As always: rules/regulations are for the little people, big agribusiness will either buy themselves an exemption, or just pay the fines (if caught).

Sigh.

Educate yourself, Monsanto's products are killing the bees.

quote:
Originally posted by Opihikaobob

Monsanto’s Roundup Triggers Over 40 Plant Diseases and Endangers Human and Animal Health

http://www.responsibletechnology.org/pos...-diseases/[url][/url]

Thank you Bob
quote:
Originally posted by Midnight Rambler

WTF? I was making a joke - but those last three videos actually are of flies. Are you for real?

Are you? Or are you a Monsanto stooge?
quote:
Originally posted by Rob Tucker

Spraying Roundup is fairly expensive. If anyone was to be spraying wantonly it would be the County of Hawaii, not private landowners.

Rob, how do you know this...I'm "curious". Are you assuming the worst and providing answers?
quote:
How about introducing a bill to educate everyone on how Glyphosate really works and what it does within a mammal once introduced?

They tried to do this with tobacco, requiring graphic depictions of advanced lung disease on the outside of the packaging -- this is how they discourage smokers in Canada.

Big Tobacco argued that this would infringe on their First Amendement rights (remember, corporations are people), so it ended up not happening.

And yes ... not only is Roundup so expensive that it requires a large budget (which the County seems to have), it's also hazardous enough to require protective gear and posting of signs (which regulations probably do not apply to County). Whether they actually do "spray wantonly" is left as an exercise for whoever might have visibility into County operations; they certainly don't answer any of my questions when I call.