Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Commercial Lemon Groves?
Anyone know if Hawaii Grows lemons like they grow Banana's, Papaya or coffee?

I've not seen a lemon tree farm here since I've been here, anyone else?

I'm looking to get a big box of them. One would think there would be some sort of Farm. I know the farmers markets gets a lot of them so someone must be growing them in quantity.

Thanks!
I have about 6 Tahitian Lime trees that seem to just go crazy Lower HPP. I produce about 1000 throughout the year and sell them to the local stores. Lemons grow great here also except I only have one of each right now (Meyers and Eureka). I think there are alot of independent backyard growers that supply the farmers markets. I don't know of any lemon tree farms per se.
Thank You... I was looking for info on the net and saw this picture. I found it interesting. Gives you a map of what a certain tree might produce. Smile I find it funny because I've gone over to some backyard growers and the tree was not what they said it was. Personally I think the grower had not clue what he had.

That is pretty good crop for 6 trees!

http://www.fruitlovers.com/CitrusPoster.jpg

sorry DP
Nice thing about Lemon and Lime trees in Hawaii...they produce fruit all year as long as they're grown in full sun and they're pretty much bug resistant also. For best flavor...I prefer the Meyer's lemon. Very juicy with few seeds. Eureka lemons are best for lemon zest and have ok flavor but tons of seeds.