Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fun Places to Visit in Honolulu
We are heading over to Honolulu for a day trip this week and are looking for suggestions of some interesting places to visit while there. Last time we were in Honolulu was 15 years ago!

The Pacific Avaiation Museum is nicely done but then I am a aviation fan.
The Hawai'i Maritime Center is heaps of fun (...but then again, I'm a water rat!).

http://www.hawaiimuseums.org/mc/isoahu_Hmaritime.htm

I LOVE China town. There is a food court for the adventurous that has the real deal. I always stop at the Malyasian stand and order "Laksa Soup". It's a coconut curry seafood soup, YUM!! Angela

Kyacking to the Mokalua's in Kailua/Lanikai is great!

"From knowledge comes understanding"
On weekends I always enjoy the art booths and especially the keiki hula at Kapiolani Park next to the zoo. The zoo is fun too.
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
A word of warning, do NOT get a Chrysler Sebring or Minivan if you rent a car. We did & found out the hard way that the alarm does NOT go off if the trunk or doors are pried open. The police officer who helped us said that expert thieves target these particular cars because the alarms don't sound. Be especially careful with valuables in the car at the big tourist spots, USS Arizona in particular.

Have a great trip!!

* I'd rather fail at happiness than succeed at misery *
Honolulu has several botanical gardens you can visit. There is Chinatown for real "cheap stuff",not ever seen in Hilo!

Waikiki Aquarium
Roundtop Dr. (Tantalus-view of Honolulu)
Ala Moana Shopping Centre
Pearl Harbor
Bishop Museum
Lunch at Keo's Thai Cuisine

-----------

Support the 'Jack Herer Initiative'NOW!!
Bernice Pauahi Bishop Museum
Iolani Palace
USS Arizona Monument/Pearl Harbor
Shopping: farmer's market at the stadium