Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Home Invasion - Search for Suspects
quote:
Originally posted by Carey

Oneself, there is also a perspective here that might not fit most images of Hawaii...more in the line of Appalachia & the well known Hatfields & McCoys. Here is in line with the Lewis & Maugas (this happened at Puhi Bay 6yrs ago at a birthday...but the issues that were simmering for years before still simmer):
http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/articl...25037.html

I really doubt that a gunshot will end all of what is going on here... it hasn't worked here all that well, nor in other areas... remember this is a very small area, and you will be known by people all around this island...

Wow, that is really interesting stuff. Thank you for sharing !

As far as everyone else's comments about owning firearms or not, at the end of the day it should be a personal choice. I personally choose, to keep myself and my family protected. Luckily my wife owned as many guns as me when I met her, and she is not a bad shot. I thank her daddy for that.

Does that mean my home is 100% protected, of course not. Lots of things can happen but I choose to keep myself as protected as possible.
"I hope my home will be gated and fenced and on a large lot. I am bringing my dog and my guns."

That dog is terrifying. (video from other post)

Your welcoming snark to Puna.
haha my dog isn't for protection, he is only to alert me and my neighbors if anyone is here. (he has huge ears)

Other than that his job is to cuddle and play fetch.

He is great at all three.

Funny you say that though, I had a friend named Kit (he is kinda a redneck) and he said (say it in a redneck voice)

"What kind of dog is that ? Thats not a real mans dog, that dog won't protect you!"

to which I replied

"A real man doesn't need a dog to protect him, thats what the firearms are for"

We laughed and drank another beer.
quote:
Originally posted by macuu222

I always sleep with my car's keychain remote emergency button alarm (or panic button). If I'm in the house sleeping and hear someone breaking in....one button push and the whole neighborhood is awake and looking at my place. Probably a little extreme...but effective

What a marvelous idea. I don't normally worry about personal protection but that seems like a sensible, simple, precaution for when I am on my own. I didn't even know that would work from my cabin. Thank you for sharing.

#10048;
#10048;
Found on Craigslist 2 days ago .

Hawaiian Acres Community security announcement (Hawaiian Acres)

Beware of people trespassing claiming to be broke down. And asking for help.
Don't be fooled.
Ask them where they came from or where there heading. They had to come into the acres for a reason. If they can't even answer that then their up to no good.
They ask for gas, phone, or directions.
If any strangers roaming the neighborhood, If you have a phone, take a photo. Approach and question. Note the time.
Communicate with your neighbors.
We need to watch out for each other and keep the acres safe.
And also watch out for Eric Smith.
Rides a bike, carries a small gas can. White, scruffy lookin mid thirties, mid Brown hair. Stay tuned for a Hawaiian Acres Community watch website
Yea, mahalo for the info !