Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Music to watch a sunrise, or sunset in Puna
I've been listening to Leo Kottke seems forever. He's always sounds like two guys playing, simply amazing...even better with Doc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OR63Y5LIQ...mp;search=

-----------

Support the 'Jack Herer Initiative'NOW!!
Hey Beachboy! Didn't know there were any Doc Watson fans out there. I love Doc and have seen him in person. My favorite song by him is "Tennessee Stud". I tried very hard to learn his version. It is difficult. He makes it sound easy though. Great video with him and Kottke.

quote:
Hey Beachboy! Didn't know there were any Doc Watson fans out there. I love Doc and have seen him in person. My favorite song by him is "Tennessee Stud". I tried very hard to learn his version. It is difficult. He makes it sound easy though. Great video with him and Kottke.

Hey Glen, great music is great music no matter who's playing, and this is some great stuff. Just close your eyes and listen to this song again with Leo & Doc. Can't you imagine driving down country roads and passing through covered bridges while this song plays?

How could anybody not like Doc Watson no matter what their taste in music is?

-----------

Support the 'Jack Herer Initiative'NOW!!
Leo was at the Palace last year, and we have seen Doc a couple of times (The winter performance at Navy Pier was an awesome venue.....Being out on a spit in the Lake, with the windows looking out over snow covered Chicago!)

Saw Doc live in the early 90s at Opryland, sharing the stage with a little-known guy by the name of Bill Monroe :-) "Roots country" is the only country I want to play or listen to.

Tim

Other people can talk about how to expand the destiny of mankind. I just want to talk about how to fix a motorcycle. I think that what I have to say has more lasting value.”
Robert Pirsig
Tim

A superior man is modest in his speech, but exceeds in his actions--Confucius
Funny - I've been reading punaweb now for awhile and this posting moved me to jump in.
It was in the late 70's (showing my age) and I was in Squaw Valley, CA. snow country, skiing - staying overnight and stopped in a little place. Neat place, nice crowd but not crowded - had some entertainment - a blind guy with a guitar on a chair in the middle of the room - just one with the crowd. Overwhelmed - who was this guy! Doc Watson! Doc Watson - who? How lucky can one guy be - no cover charge - just hanging out. Now that moment is priceless.