Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Glenwood
I (and I'm sure many other people) would like to know more about the community of Glenwood.

What is Glenwood's zipcode?

What community is Glenwood part of (Mountain View, for example)?

How is cell phone and cable coverage in Glenwood?

Do kids (especially teens) like living in Glenwood?

What do people (especially kids and teens) do for fun in Glenwood?

Any information about homes and land in Glenwood (prices, for example) is appreciated.

Punaweb.org has no information about Glenwood.

http://www.cafepress.com/lck

Aloha Laura, Glenwood is between Mt. View and Volcano, about 2500' elevation. It is lush, cool and wet, a very rural area, just 1 gas station/store on the highway, a few houses. There are large country subdivisions off each side of the highway, Fernforest Vacation estates, mostly 3 acre lots on one side and Glenwood gardens, smaller lots, on the other. Only part of these subdivisions have any utilities, some of the roads are rough. I believe the zip is same as Mt. View 96771. The high school would be Keaau High. Since it is so rural, most of the kids seek fun at the beach or go to Keaau or more often Hilo, or party at friends homes. To find real estate prices in the area you can go to www.hawaiiinformation.com, click on Puna then type in fern forest or glenwood in "subdivision". Cellphone should work well, I don't know of there is cable or not. Hope this helps, Hutch

Dear Hutch,

Thanks for your helpful information about Glenwood.

I've been to Glenwood recently (thanks to Pamela L) and it's beautiful.

Sound as though the teens have fun the old fashioned way which is good.

I will checkout the Hawaii Information website.

Sincerely,

Laura Kimmick