Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Police chase on Kaloli drive?
I really don't have any details, but at around 5pm this evening while drying myself off after a shower I heard police/emergency services sirens in the distance. I'd left the TV on downstairs and thought maybe it was coming from there, so didn't give it much thought. It's rare to hear those sirens here.

A few minutes later I drove up Paradise to the highway, bought some supplies I needed and returned via Kaloli and saw nothing unusual. However, just a couple of hundred yards away from home I bumped into my neighbour walking her dog and she said there had been an incident involving police chasing an ATV on Kaloli drive in lower HPP. That might explain the sirens I heard. This would have been around 5pm Saturday evening.

Anyone know a little more as all I have is hearsay? I've not seen any report about this on Nixle.

Thank you!

Edited for clarity.
Mr. Tom, per the scanner, there was a domestic around that time, and the guy took off. Neighbor called police as he was apparently trashing the house and a woman was screaming. The guy had several outstanding warrants on top of the domestic. They did catch him.

JMO.
Opihikao, what freqs are the police on?
Thanks
Ed
Ed, on our scanner, (Radio Shack - PRO528 / 1000 Channel):

Hilo Patrol - 154.830
Puna Patrol - 154.695

Fire Dispatch - 154.385 & 154.445 (Covers all areas)

Here is a good list, and I just programmed all the frequencies in (some didn't work, FYI):

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?ctid=542

JMO.
Thanks for the update, much appreciated. As I mentioned, it's so rare to hear police sirens down this way, in fact, I don't recall ever hearing them before which is why I thought it must be the TV! Glad the guy was caught.
We heard the loud and fast running of ATV late yesterday afternoon on nearby roads, from 6th/Makuu.
Thanks Opihikao, I have an old Pro26 portable.
quote:
Originally posted by rocketman

Opihikao, what freqs are the police on?
Thanks
Ed

If you have an Android smartphone, there is an app that lets you listen to our local police/fire/EMTs - Scanner Radio Pro - works pretty well.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.scannerradio_pro&hl=en

I don't know how I got over the hill without getting to the top.
I don't know how I got over the hill without getting to the top.
It was a stolen motorcycle and police chased him to the shipman parking lot where he ran into a rock and crashed. He was arrested apparently unharmed.