Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hawaiian Telcom.....Can we get an update?
Unlike HELCO, Hawaiian Telcom pretty much put out a message to everyone in PUna that phones will be out until August 30th. I live in an area of HPP that still does not have any phone service. EAch day in the STAR Advertiser, I can read about the progress of HELCO. No so much for Hawaiian Telcom. I've enjoyed the service and am not making any push to drop them now. But over two weeks? Even with all lines cleaned up and off the road? I'm guessing something is up...perhaps fiber optics,, relay lines, etc. I don't know, I'm not a phone guy. But does anyone else find it ironic that there has been NO COMMUNICATIONS or updates from Hawaiian TELCOM? haaaa. I just gotta laugh.

But I sure hope the phones return soon. With spotty cell service at best, home phone lines become a matter of safety. Hawaiian Telcom, please hurry.
The word you're looking for is "attrition".

Downtime has already caused people to give up their landlines in favor of (less regulated, more expensive) wireless service.

Telcom is theoretically "regulated" but this probably doesn't include real performance standards...
Our internet started working this morning but we still have no phone, which is bizarre since Hawaii Telcom is our internet and phone provider. We had phone for a week after the storm and then someone cut the line on our street while doing cleanup and we lost it, they came and fixed it for half our dead end street, but not our stretch. We are mid HPP on the Pahoa side.

Carol
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
Does anyone in Nanawale have landline phone working yet? Ours isn't, although incoming calls ring for the caller, but not at our end.
quote:
Originally posted by maud gonne

Does anyone in Nanawale have landline phone working yet? Ours isn't, although incoming calls ring for the caller, but not at our end.

My landline and internet are working in Nanawale. They were working as soon as the power came back on.