Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HPP owner's meeting 9/7?
Does anyone know who is running this thing? I hear it is not a Board of Directors event. A friend received a post card about it, but we didn't get one.

I hope that all who attend can pair their complaints with solutions so that it doesn't become a screaming match but a productive work session.
1 island 2 another
We got a post card too, so it had to have been mailed by either HPPOA or someone who had access to the mailing list.

I do think that the board is going to have to learn to listen to the members first, before members are able to come up with solutions. As long as the board refuses to allow members to speak to them (telling members to "shut up" in one case) and respond defensively when they do (as at the first meeting after the firings), rather than acknowledging that they may have something to learn from the membership, we are not going to get anywhere without a recall of the board.

I found it ironic that the board member who posted a letter on the HPPOA website defended not allowing members to speak at the last meeting by quoting the bylaws, but the board doesn't seem to think it is important that they follow the bylaws. You can't pick and choose which rules to follow, and the board COULD have allowed members to speak at the last meeting, they just chose not to. It would have cost them nothing to listen to what the members had to say, except time, and it might have helped heal the rift between the board and the membership. That was the same board member who said she will not respond to emails unless they are "polite" which seems to be defined as any email that disagrees with her. I sent a perfectly civil request for a timeline on the board's past actions and did not receive any response.

Carol
Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
A special meeting can be called by the President or at least 2 board members.June Connant, past president announced the upcoming special meeting .

I have attended several board meetings spanning several board presidents. Sadly, selective recognition of our by-laws and "Dysfunctional behavior" pretty much covers much of what I have witnessed. Appears to me that "Drama Triangle" has been more important than problem solving.
I do not speak in favor of the current board as I do not know the new members. I will listen to their point of view. ( do favor outsourcing most of our data processing and Professional property management .hope we do not have to fall into receivership to be placed in competent hands.)