Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
reputable jeweler?
I have a ring that was my grandmother's that has a bunch of little opals in it that are of great sentimental value (they were given to her by my uncle who mined them himself) but is not my size or style. I would like to get them reset into a set of "stacking rings" which are individual little bands with one small stone each that you wear together, for myself and my daughters.

Does anyone know a good jeweler who can do that here on the East side? This is not the kind of thing I could, or would, want done at a chain jewelry store. I am looking for an individual craftsman who does custom work at a reasonable price. When I was a textile artist on the I-5 crafts circuit I knew all kinds of people who could do this, but I know no one here.

As always, mahalo for information directly related to the thread and please don't derail it with tangents.

Carol
Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
Thundering Seas in Hilo has done some outstanding work for my family. They are not cheap, but are more than reasonable given the high quality they turn out.
Thanks for the quick resopnse. Where are they?

Carol
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
You're welcome, Carol.

421 Kalanikoa St, Hilo, HI 96720
(808) 961-0116

They are near the arena where they have the Merrie Monarch.
Upstairs right? I've driven by their store.

Carol
Carol

Polish Proverb
Aloha Carol: Second Thundering Seas - Dax and Darryl are pros and will work work you to produce a design you will be happy with.
PS: already tired of that snarky tag line, fyi

-dwajs
-dwajs
It is a Polish proverb I am teaching to my drama addicted 7th and 8th graders who haven't learned about the damage mean spirited gossip can do to other people yet. It is not meant to be snarky, it is my personal stand against being sucked into ridiculous drama that is perpetuated by people involving themselves uninvited into other people's affairs.

Carol
Carol

Polish Proverb
Dr. Phil used to say something like,
"I ain't got a dog in this fight."

><(((*> ~~~~ ><(("> ~~~~ ><'> ~~~~ >(>
An opinion you did and did not ask for Carol ....

3rd Thundering Seas and second David's .. Its just not becoming of you.

aloha,
pog